launching clip recording resets all Monark parameters

Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
peeddrroo

launching clip recording resets all Monark parameters

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 pm

sometimes when launching the recording of a clip in session view, all the parameters of NI Monark get reset (all Osc are set to Lo, all fine tune to the minimum value etc...): they don't even reset to default, but to something that don't produce any sound (needless to say all the previous settings get lost).

i can't help with any way to reproduce that, it just happens randomly (but always when launching a clip to record).

honestly i'm a bit fed up with all the issues with NI plugins (random values showing in devices, automation that activate the BTA button).
are you going to address them soon?
there weren't so much problems with L8.
thanks

peeddrroo

Re: launching clip recording resets all Monark parameters

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 pm

another issue: if you assign midi CCs to some parameters within reaktor (ie assign cc74 to cutoff or cc71 to resonance), then changing the parameters with some hardware knob don't have any effect of the Live device (provided the Live device displays those parameters)

so if for instance, the cutoff is automated, then the BTA button won't light up, although the cutoff value might be completely different to the one recorded in arrangement.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Peeddrroo,

I have been hunting this for a few days. Since it is random for you, would it be possible to save a set for me to have a look at, you already have my email address. My few basic tests did not reveal this bug, but it is quite concerning.

Best,
Mads

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 am

hi

yes, it's very random.
shall i save the set and send it to you straight after this happens?
will you be able to find out what happened?

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Peeddrroo,

Yes please save it as it happens, I hope to find more clues in your set since I have not been able to reproduce this as of now.

Best,
Mads