Mouse wheel not working, Ableton Live 9, even for wired mous

Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
EricBuist

Mouse wheel not working, Ableton Live 9, even for wired mous

Post by EricBuist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi,

I saw two different posts about wireless mouse wheels not working, wanted to contribute, but the posts are locked for me. Same problem happens with a Microsoft wired mouse, Comfort 3000 or something (model name not written on mouse and no way I can find back the box, sorry, and no time to install a bulky tool that would make me pay to try to guess the model name from I don't know what). So mouse wheel just does not work in Live 9, Windows 7 64 bits, works correctly with any other applications. This is just too tough to use the program without the mouse wheel. I never installed any IntelliPoint software, because it does nothing and the mouse was working without it, even the side buttons. Each time I installed such a mouse software in the past, it disabled some of the mouse's functionalities. Any workaround?

[mal]

Re: Mouse wheel not working, Ableton Live 9, even for wired mous

Post by [mal] » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi,

Tried several in Live 32 & 64 bit under windows 7 but could not reproduce your problem.
Are you using the absolutemousemode in the options text?
Are other windows users seeing issues using the scroll wheel?

Best,
Mads

mr.ergonomics

Re: Mouse wheel not working, Ableton Live 9, even for wired mous

Post by mr.ergonomics » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am

@mads: I never had a problem with the wheel for scrolling.

win7 64, but I have installed the IntelliPoint software. That said, it seems to work perfect in windows even without the driver ( I tested my laptop with the mouse).

Maybe it's the problem is something different, EricBuist?