Please join the new beta forum at https://ableton.centercode.com/login.html
Acid303

Where Is 9.06 Beta?

Post by Acid303 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Or is 9.05 that perfect :mrgreen:

Lumix

Re: Where Is 9.06 Beta?

Post by Lumix » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:35 pm

LOL im waiting my a$$ off for the new beta because i got some free time to test around with it. :mrgreen:
hmm or could it be that the dev team is in the holidays?! i mean it was the same in 2012 as i remember.

905_32 works fine here so far good job!
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 am

Hi,

Currently we don't have a beta version up for test. There should be news on this topic in the near future though.

Best,
Mads

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 pm

alright mal - ill keep checking beta forum daily ;)

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:39 pm

so the whole august no beta testing :| i had the whole august freetime.
hope next week we will get a new beta - its about time really.

cids

Post by cids » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:31 pm

9.1 is coming!
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:07 am

cids wrote:9.1 is coming!
yes just read it.(dual monitor support woo) not really time to be a full beta tester. anyway looking forward to play with 9.0.6 soon!

read it here: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/ ... port-more/

so looks promising. :lol: :mrgreen:

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:53 am

why are they working on new features when so many other things need work like the BROWSER!!!

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:08 pm

9.0.6 released, well without public beta - awesome! :| :roll:

@rusko - the broswer works fine here. when adding new files - i let ableton scan the folders/files and when the cpu usage is normal again i work with ableton. and other issues i have not noticed.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:41 pm

The browser is a mess, I'm not talking about scanning folders i do not have issues with that(although some do)I'm talking about major flaws with its design. It's not just me there are many people who just about put up with it because they have to but its by far the weakest element of live. The categories part of it is just a complete failure, there is no structure. Samples for example is just a folder with a bunch of samples in it, so totally useless, can you hide it? no. I could go on & on about its flaws but there are other threads that do that. It comes down to me wanting to work in a tidy & organised environment & live is making that hard.
Suppose with Bitwig around the corner Ableton are keen to add some much wanted feature rather than fix things that are broken because that's what sells.
Personally I'm not especially excited about seeing arrange & session together but having an option to have just a mixer detached on a second monitor or the midi piano roll would have been useful. Added Push features are always nice.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 pm

fixing the browser = a new feature

srsly

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Rosko wrote:The browser is a mess, I'm not talking about scanning folders i do not have issues with that(although some do)I'm talking about major flaws with its design. It's not just me there are many people who just about put up with it because they have to but its by far the weakest element of live. The categories part of it is just a complete failure, there is no structure. Samples for example is just a folder with a bunch of samples in it, so totally useless, can you hide it? no. I could go on & on about its flaws but there are other threads that do that. It comes down to me wanting to work in a tidy & organised environment & live is making that hard.
Suppose with Bitwig around the corner Ableton are keen to add some much wanted feature rather than fix things that are broken because that's what sells.
Personally I'm not especially excited about seeing arrange & session together but having an option to have just a mixer detached on a second monitor or the midi piano roll would have been useful. Added Push features are always nice.
i think i got your points. i would like to have more fine tuning features in the browser aswell - im unable to edit or move any files in the library folder, i would like to do it - so i have to do it manually in Total Commander.
then i would like to hide that file extensions - not to keen if its an adg or aiff or whatever - its enough to know that it loads.
well and then we have that problem with the midi import - ableton 9 isnt splitting channels like v8.
then no nki import for newer kontakt instruments, what i need to import logic exs files into Kontakt and then in ableton.

and then i see a laughable changelog with 4 controller improvements ( totally useless for me :P ) and the lessons - i bet its updated because of the new controller features LOL :mrgreen:

anyway i hope v9.0.7 will get a regular public beta - so that we can have a nice changelog with a lot of fixes and also new features.
cya on v9.0.7! not going to update to 9.0.6.

PS: ill see how bitwig is, but i think ill stay with ableton anyway - im using it to long and already learned 2 other daws advanced.