All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Push 3
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am
Posts: 6716
login wrote:

I don't think even the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol which gives access to the plugin browsers has the ability to automate preset changes.


Yes, I think one solution maybe could be mapping control applications that save its own presets and control the parameters (128 of them anyway). I think Isotonik has one but I forgot the name.

_________________
Waves: 10% off coupon via this link
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Push 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:22 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 17
If Ableton is listening:

PLEASE INCLUDE THIS TO PUSH 3!!!

1) Audio interface integrated, at least stereo in/out, better 2x IN for more machines on stage without an additional mixer (yes, Octatrack killer... I only still use Octatrack live on stage for inputs and portability... )
2) CV/GATE out and 4 - 8 CV INPUTs !!!
3) Maybe MORE KNOBS and maybe a bank of 8 free ASSIGNABLE KNOBS not at the top, but maybe on the left (yes, new MPCs are very clever and easy to use with this lefty knobs )
4) MIDI Arpeggiator on board

and if you want to make a truly KILLER product, yes - make it stand alone, but I'm not sure if it gonna happen anytime soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Push 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am
Posts: 6716
dreamer55 wrote:
1) Audio interface integrated, at least stereo in/out, better 2x IN for more machines on stage without an additional mixer (yes, Octatrack killer... I only still use Octatrack live on stage for inputs and portability... )

RME or forget it. 2 in? 24 in/out or forget it.

dreamer55 wrote:
2) CV/GATE out and 4 - 8 CV INPUTs !!!

I get the outs, but what should the inputs do? Convert to MIDI? This does sound expensive as this is audio ins as well.

dreamer55 wrote:
3) Maybe MORE KNOBS and maybe a bank of 8 free ASSIGNABLE KNOBS not at the top, but maybe on the left (yes, new MPCs are very clever and easy to use with this lefty knobs )

I assume you mean both top and side knobs, right? And not moved knobs…

dreamer55 wrote:
4) MIDI Arpeggiator on board

You do know that the program logic is not inside the Push, right? It's in Live. And that Live comes with Arpeggiators? So what would "on board" mean?

dreamer55 wrote:
and if you want to make a truly KILLER product, yes - make it stand alone

If Ableton would choose to add Linux support — which they should — this could be done at a price. Stand alone products has not stood up that great to time, I think. If something goes down everything is down until you got repairs as it can't just get replaced. So a Pro user would have to get a backup solution as well, maybe even getting two.

_________________
Waves: 10% off coupon via this link
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Push 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:12 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 17
Stromkraft wrote:
RME or forget it. 2 in? 24 in/out or forget it.


I use RME UCX - great sound, but hate to bring each time >1000$ of additional gear to a small club/bar gigs, it's risky and unreasonable + it's additional >3kg of weight, so if I travel by airplane = no good. If you play live often it's quite a notable disadvantage. Just for example - Maschine MK3 has stereo out + 3 inputs of "ok quality", which is enough. RME is a studio or big events option.

Stromkraft wrote:
I get the outs, but what should the inputs do? Convert to MIDI? This does sound expensive as this is audio ins as well.


Not sure if it's hard/expensive to implement. Yes, maybe it's not worth it... but would be amazing to control efx/synth parameters with my modular rig = new world of integration...

Stromkraft wrote:
I assume you mean both top and side knobs, right? And not moved knobs…


Yes, main knobs on the top + additional bank of free assignable knobs on the side... yes, hard to fit it into the design, the unit will be bigger... but however I still have to bring each time a small Korg nanostudio for immediate access to fx parameters, for live quick access is essential.

Stromkraft wrote:
ou do know that the program logic is not inside the Push, right? It's in Live. And that Live comes with Arpeggiators? So what would "on board" mean?


Yes, there's the Arp inside Live, but it's too slow to press "add device + choose Arp + press Load" with Push 2 only if you want to play a fast arp pattern in the middle of the track. The Apr functionality could be for example implemented into the "Repeat" button (double press ) for immediate access.



Yes, all is questionable... Maybe what I wanted to say is: now Push 2 is amazing studio controller, but for the really stellar live experience it should be tweaked and optimized. I guess a lot of people would pay more for such a revision.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Push 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am
Posts: 6716
dreamer55 wrote:
Maybe what I wanted to say is: now Push 2 is amazing studio controller, but for the really stellar live experience it should be tweaked and optimized. I guess a lot of people would pay more for such a revision.


With the right balance, I think you might be right on this.

_________________
Waves: 10% off coupon via this link
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Push 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:55 pm 

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am
Posts: 1801
IF they include an interface the DRIVERS have to be as good as RME or don't bother, I couldn't care less about "audio quality" (pretty much all converters are more than good enough), but the drivers are what really matters to make any audio interface usable.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group