How to clean the rubbery coating on the sides of Push 2?

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
gpaulino

Re: How to clean the rubbery coating on the sides of Push 2?

Post by gpaulino » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:57 pm

I had the same problem with the original Arturia Minibrute and I solved it by gently rubbing a wet sponge with neutral soap throughout the rubberised surface. The rubberised feel is gone, but the product looks new again. Now I have this problem with my Push 2 and II was just wondering if there any other clever solutions out there, because mine took some time and was a delicate operation to prevent any water from entering the instrument...

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, Live Suit 10, Push2, Reason Suite 11, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

sbdejong

Post by sbdejong » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:45 am

fishmonkey wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:42 pm
it took i while but i successfully removed all the rubberised coating with alcohol wipes. lots of alcohol wipes...
I did the same. I've had the same issue with the knobs on my Focusrite Scarlett and even my Skiing helmet.
Using microfiber cloths drenched in Isopropyl alcohol got them all clean.

Scoox

Post by Scoox » Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 pm

I just ordered Push 2 but due to a supply shortage it'll be a while before I receive it. Now I'm seeing all these reports that Push 2 is TPE-coated. I mean, seriously Ableton?? It's bloody 2021, it should be abundantly clear to manufacturers by now that this garbage goes sticky after a while. It's literally happened to every single TPE-coated piece of gear I've ever owned and now I basically reject anything that's TPE-coated, I just didn't know Push 2 was also TPE-coated. This is clearly a case of planned obsolescence. A tough raw plastic finish, as used in power tools and old Lenovos, would have been much more durable and actually nicer to touch. I'm cancelling my order. Way to go Ableton...