record start position?

Discuss Push with other users.
garrettnorvell

record start position?

Post by garrettnorvell » Mon May 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi!
After recording a 4-bar midi clip in Session view, I'd like to then overdub some hats so I hit the record button on Push again, but it starts recording at the start of bar 2 rather than at the start of bar 1 (or even at the playhead which happens to be sitting at beat 3.2). My global quantize is for 2 bars -so I would expect it to either start at bar 1 or at bar 3.
I've looked at past posts and not finding this exact situation so I thought I'd ask. Thanks so much!
Garrett

garrettnorvell

Re: record start position?

Post by garrettnorvell » Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 pm

Ah, with enough messing around I figured it out. For anyone else struggling with this: it was trying to record to a Session clip from a starting point on the ARRANGEMENT timeline. Why? No idea. But moving the playhead on the arrangement timeline changed the record start position on the session clip. Yay!

cristen

Post by cristen » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:58 pm

garrettnorvell wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 pm
Ah, with enough messing around I figured it out. For anyone else struggling with this: it was trying to record to a Session clip from a starting point on the ARRANGEMENT timeline. Why? No idea. But moving the playhead on the arrangement timeline changed the record start position on the session clip. Yay!
Thanks a lot for posting your answer. I struggled with this for a while. Seems like a new issue? I found that if you go back to bar 1.1.1 it resets the playhead to 1 as well. But it makes little sense if you're music doesn't line up in even bars on the arrangement view because how can you overdub your clip in session view while listening to the context of where you'll copy that clip into arrangement?

Even trying to explain this is confusing sorry.

johnnycarlos

Post by johnnycarlos » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:23 pm

Thank you for posting the solution! Went down a rabbit hole of Global Quantization, Fixed Length, and Phase Sync to no avail.