Push 2 hangs when browsing VST3 (MAC)

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
MDS

Push 2 hangs when browsing VST3 (MAC)

Post by MDS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:35 am

I have been having an issue recently where the Push 2 browser briefly hangs and displays the Push logo when I am browsing through my VST3s. This doesn't happen with AU or VST2, however. I tried it on my Macbook Pro and the issue doesn't happen there, only on my iMac (late 2019 model). No idea why this started happening, I haven't changed anything. Everything else on the Push works fine. Anyone else have this issue? I can't find anything about this.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 hangs when browsing VST3 (MAC)

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Which Live version?
Are you running the same OS version on both machines? Using or not the same usb hub?
Ableton Forum Moderator

MDS

Post by MDS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:26 pm

I'm running the latest version of 11 (11.0.12). I'm running Catalina on the iMac and Sierra on the Macbook (it is old). So on the macbook I am using Ableton 10. I tried it with Ableton 10 on the iMac as well and then the issue is even worse, the whole screen goes black when browsing VST3 and I have to reset the Push.
I usually have it plugged into a USB hub (powered) and tried plugging it directly into the iMac and the same issue happens. I also tried having that be the only thing that is plugged in, same issue happens.
I had my computer turned off for about a week because I went on vacation, came back and this issue started happening first day so I am really at a loss why it started doing this. I contacted support and included a video, but haven't heard back yet so I figured I would try here as well.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:47 pm

USB lead pushed in properly? Are you using the power supply too?
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, KK S61 MK2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Line 6 M5, Komplete 12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, MicroFreak, TR-8S

MDS

Post by MDS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:04 pm

Yes, the USB cable is all the way in, I unplugged the power to make sure that the connection was there. And I use the power supply that came included with it. Just odd that it is only with VST3 and nothing else, which makes me think there is a glitch occurring somewhere in the path from Push to Computer.