Push 2 User Mode: Toggle or Momentary?

Discuss Push with other users.
Audiophillic

Push 2 User Mode: Toggle or Momentary?

Post by Audiophillic » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:16 am

I couldn’t find this answer anywhere...

When in User Mode in Push 2 I have the impression that ALL buttons and pads work only as momentary switches, and not as toggles. Is this true? Can this be changed/configured? I would like to use some pads abd/or buttons as toggle buttons, not momentary switches.

Is there an editor for the user mode midi template of push 2? Remote scripts maybe? Do these mess with the normal push (not user) mode?

Thank you!

S4racen

Re: Push 2 User Mode: Toggle or Momentary?

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:52 am

There's no editor as far as I'm aware but the User Mode is completely separate to the main mode and has a different set of ports.

Because of this you could write a remote script using the links of Remotify.

Cheers
D

Audiophillic

Re: Push 2 User Mode: Toggle or Momentary?

Post by Audiophillic » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:18 am

S4racen wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:52 am
There's no editor as far as I'm aware but the User Mode is completely separate to the main mode and has a different set of ports.

Because of this you could write a remote script using the links of Remotify.

Cheers
D
Thank you for your reply. I looked into Remotify and it looks cool and could be useful. Not sure it could turn momentary into toggle buttons though - do you know? On Push the pads send midi notes (which can work as toggles - for example for mute/solo tracks), but all the other buttons are momentary in the hardware it seems. Can these be turned to toggle (or the pads to momentary) with remotify?

And another, more specific question (in case some user of remotify can answer): can we make a script where we program say a pad in a midi controller to turn off several devices at the same time, while keeping one on? This would be kind of a Solo function but not on the tracks, but on a set of devices.

The reason I ask is that I use the Scale device as a mute/solo toggle for (midi) tracks, as it stops the midi from passing through but it does not cut the audio (kind of like the mute on an MPC). What I want is to map the user mode of Push to use the pads to mute/solo different midi tracks through the Scale device. Can remotify do this? "Solo" several devices at the same time (while muting all the others)? Thanks.