Ableton Push 3 update

Discuss Push with other users.
greenscreens

Re: Ableton Push 3 update

Post by greenscreens » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:38 am

subduct wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:03 pm
mini
agreed on either a slightly slimmed down push 2 or a mini variant. The push 2's width barely allows it to fit in a carry on suitcase. Its a little too large for transport. There are definitely some ways of freeing up space by reducing some of the size of some buttons or maybe grouping a couple of buttons together or removing buttons that are not being used. I personally find the touch strip not very useful and often trigger it on accident via my palms.

I would love also to see some kind of dual value encoder situation like on the elektron boxes, so you can push down and turn for greater changes in value and regular turn for finer changes in value.

Push 3 in any form should definitely operate bus powered. Having an additional power supply with all of the available power from USB 3.1/C is behind the times.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:41 am

I am not here to stir up controversy.

I noticed that the biggest European retailer (Thomann) does NOT have Push 2 in stock anymore.

I visited Sweetwater (USA) and they have the same situation. They only have ONE unit and that is a USED unit. It says only 1 left in stock.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... Push2IntU3

My question is perhaps that's an indication of the upcoming new device this year? Or perhaps this is just an indication of low stock unit volume which will be recovered during the year.

Is there some upcoming music show when we could expect something big?

Tuur

Post by Tuur » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:50 pm

Hmm. Maybe. They also have a discount on the Abe store as we speak.

While this has happened before, it is pretty rare AFAIK.

B4L

Post by B4L » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:35 pm

I saw in another forum that Ableton are only selling the push direct now. Could be due to supply issues, change of strategy, or because they want to clear stock before new a new device is launched (or even discontinuing it)

maky355

Post by maky355 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:12 am

B4L wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:35 pm
I saw in another forum that Ableton are only selling the push direct now. Could be due to supply issues, change of strategy, or because they want to clear stock before new a new device is launched (or even discontinuing it)
Didn't know that. Cool info. Then we can (as before) only speculate about it.

My "hunch" tells me we are going g to see an updated version this year. I don't look forward to a "standalone" device but perhaps something with a larger screen and touch maybe but again that's my simpleton mind.

I worked with AKAI Force a few months ago and it surprised me how I liked the touch function for mixing, step sequencing, and MIDI edit.

Push 2 and current Ableton Lice is still super duper capable and friendly.

J-Fly

Post by J-Fly » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 pm

Just accept it.........it's time

Orhan Ayaz

Post by Orhan Ayaz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:24 am

Why you think it's time? Are there any features or functions missing?
I don't see people speaking about features that are not there. We have Push 2 and Akai Force which work as Ableton Live controller natively and cover a lot of functionality. Well, one thing I miss personally is Arrangement View controller. Even with that thing in mind, Push 2 cover most if not all necessary features. What is missing? Why you need another controller?

Why not use any of Novation/Akai controllers is a mini is needed? I believe Push 2 is a finished product that still has miles to go. It is not aged, it is still modern and is well thought. Why need another version?

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:58 pm

Orhan Ayaz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:24 am
I don't see people speaking about features that are not there. We have Push 2 and Akai Force which work as Ableton Live controller natively and cover a lot of functionality. Well, one thing I miss personally is Arrangement View controller. Even with that thing in mind, Push 2 cover most if not all necessary features. What is missing? Why you need another controller?

Why not use any of Novation/Akai controllers is a mini is needed? I believe Push 2 is a finished product that still has miles to go. It is not aged, it is still modern and is well thought. Why need another version?
My idea too, miss nothing on a Push 2.......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Trevbo

Post by Trevbo » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:44 pm

Push3 is coming. Yay

panten

Post by panten » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:55 pm

Orhan Ayaz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:24 am

Stray’s PXT-Live scripts for Push1 had excellent Arrangement view functionality. That’s something I seriously miss when using Push2 but there’s no reason they couldn’t implement that on Push2 themselves. Ableton seem intent on making their old gear redundant.

Improvements I’d like to see in some new hardware is:
  • a better touch strip
  • inclusion of a cross fader
  • better function buttons. Both Push 1 & 2 have missed the mark in terms of tactile quality (not talking about the velocity/pressure sensitive buttons here)
  • Better tempo tap button (Why they never allowed us to turn the pads into a temporary tempo capture function is beyond me)
  • Real-time Swing
  • Sampling directly to drum rack pads
  • Slightly smaller device (They could reduce the footprint by adopting better and smaller function buttons similar to the Elektron devices)

Drowl

Post by Drowl » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:58 am

The push 2 is amazing but plenty of things can be added on it.

1. Make the material so it doesn't turn to glue after 1 year
2. make the screen bigger so it basically can show any devices not only devices that were specifically done. Basically a projection of Ableton Detail view. Not needed but it would be cool if it was possible with a touch screen to have this. (not saying they will do it just it can be something done)
2.1. Basically being able to edit piano roll there would be cool.
3. Have 2 rows of knobs to control more parameters or have the knobs be pushable like on the dj tech tools controller. 2 layer of control is dope.
4. More integration of arrangement view ? How idk im not designing it but it would be cool
5. Battery powered so you can use it on your couch with the monitor facing you or your headphones but not being in front.
6. Or simple audio interface to get sound in/out of it.

I know a touchscreen could be shitty and one more thing prone to failure but then I would be really nice to move stuff in eq8 at the same time.
I think when you look at controller like touchable there is room for improvement on this side with the push.

Heck I don't even know the push 2 is great as is but for me the material isn't that great and I can definitely see some improvement on the screen. I want also to have more direct control to things. using the push makes me miss the mouse a lot but its about workflow