Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Discuss Push with other users.
mircomu

Re: Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Post by mircomu » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:27 pm

spiral scratch wrote:Hi Jesse,

Can you confirm it will possible to play with levels/pans/sends/rack knobs above 8 tracks while launching/stopping/soloing clips above the same 8 tracks? Not sure about this since you wrote that Push design was focused on controlling one track at a time.

Thanks! :D

Please, I d like to know this too. thanks.

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi All,
Some new responses posted. Keep the questions coming.
Jesse

flippo2007

Post by flippo2007 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey jesse!

Where did you post the new replies?

All the best, philip

wjbuchanan

Post by wjbuchanan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Look on page 1 of this topic

blakjesus

Post by blakjesus » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Will it be possible to setup push with session view in the top 8x4 grid (instead of the step sequencer), while still having the bottom-left 4x4 grid be dedicated to triggering samples (and maybe the bottom-right being used for session navigation)?

IMHO I feel like that would be the ideal setup for performing with Push. 8) (especially if you could see the clip names on Push's screen :wink:)

EDIT:

Just realized he gave this answer:
Currently, no -- Session Mode (for launching clips) and Note mode (for playing drums/instruments) are discrete. Your wish is noted.
This feature would be a great thing. ;)
Last edited by blakjesus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:44 am

m4l api question
will I be able to tweak Pushs' (non-user mode) functions ?
direct access to buttons/encoders/screen through the api ?

flippo2007

Post by flippo2007 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Another one.. I dont quite get it after watching the presentation video...

As presented: When you choose a synth or sampler for example..you choose the preset, change the settings.. Its all saved directly into the clip in live 9 when you are working with push.

BUT:

A.) is the chosen instrument still part of the channel like it is now and the midi clips and automations just affect it?.... In other words: when i create the first clip in an empty channel - do i define the instrument for the whole channel with that action?

or

B.) is choosing different instruments like samplers, tension or other vst instruments part of the clip from now on? Means: can i have different clips with different instruments in them in the same channel?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 pm

reading some of the answers...
will it be safe to assume that Push has it's own browser... seperate to Lives' interface ?

M4R71N

Post by M4R71N » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 pm

I do not quantize my drums, it's not my modo. So? Is the step sequencer's gonna allow me keep on doing my thing? How will it work with the pads? tnx

(and sorry if there is any english mistakes)

flippo2007

Post by flippo2007 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm

When you re-enter an already recorded instrument clip from session mode - and you change the tune its playing in --> Does the clip save that change when you go out of the clip again?

Lets say, i recorded something nice in c minor but the band wants to hear and play along with it in g minor from then on.
How do i change that clip permanentely? Do i have to nudge it in the midi note view on the computer or is it enough to change it on the controller and live does the note nudging for me?

flowdesigner

Re: Ableton Push QA

Post by flowdesigner » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:49 pm

the bite wrote:Now Push will be able to adjust the selected clip or loop when they are on the session view as clip.
It,s possible to use the encoders with the audio samples to preview unwarped samples on the browser and jump to different parts of the waveform?.That would be amazing, use the start encoder to finally move into unwarped clips on the browser.Now we cannot do this, and this kind of thing will make push awesome.
+1

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 am

The advertisement says "Push always come with Live 9". So it seems I need to upgrade my Live 8 when buying Push. Since I have a lot of instruments with Live 8 my question now is what "3 instruments" and what "9 instruments" will be coming with Live 9 that comes with Push? I just want to be sure that I will not lose any of the instruments I currently have with Live 8.
Last edited by Per Boysen on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:10 am

I am hoping that when Push is finally released, those of us who have already invested money into the Ableton software will be able to purchase the hardware at a reasonable price. We don't need any version of the Live software factored into the costing, so hopefully that will be taken into account by Ableton.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

cambria1295

Post by cambria1295 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:58 am

Why haven't you put a fader on this device. If this had a fader it will but the cherry on top on the ice cream per say.
Please add one before the release. We would all appreciate it
Thanks!

cambria1295

Post by cambria1295 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 am

artpunk wrote:I am hoping that when Push is finally released, those of us who have already invested money into the Ableton software will be able to purchase the hardware at a reasonable price. We don't need any version of the Live software factored into the costing, so hopefully that will be taken into account by Ableton.
The price is listen on the website. With the controller its 600 or 700 i forget the price