Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Discuss Push with other users.
artpunk

Re: Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Post by artpunk » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 pm

blinkeye wrote: Ironically, humnumb has done more than most people here in providing vital information that would help improve Push by pointing out some of its glaring omissions and shortcomings..
Ironically some people just don't get that when a topic is about a certain piece of hardware, most reasonable people want to hear about/discuss that piece of hardware, not a different piece of hardware. They especially don't want to hear multiple never ending bloody posts not related to the hardware under discussion from someone who hasn't even laid their hands on it!
8O :roll:

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 pm

lo.key wrote:again, its not really sufficient to keep posting a list of missing features, without a solution in hand.
Are you seriously suggesting that people shouldn't point out any problems, bugs, or glaring omissions unless they already have the solutions???

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:07 am

blinkeye wrote:
lo.key wrote:again, its not really sufficient to keep posting a list of missing features, without a solution in hand.
Are you seriously suggesting that people shouldn't point out any problems, bugs, or glaring omissions unless they already have the solutions???
Irrelevant. Buying a Maschine is not a solution to having issues with the Push. It's only got sixteen pads. I can't play any kind of complex melodic arrangement on that.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 am

blinkeye wrote:

i'm suggesting that to keep copypasting a list after its been received and appreciated, without any additional contribution, is a waste of everyones time.

deva

Post by deva » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:15 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:
#1thelark wrote:2. can we have polyphonic aftertouch please?
Now you're talking.

BIG +1

AthoriMusics

Post by AthoriMusics » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 am

Is it possible to lock Plug to Push not with the mouse on Live but With Push.
I really need an easy way to lock/unlock Plug to Push when i'am playing live !!!

panten

Post by panten » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:53 am

lo.key wrote:i'm suggesting that to keep copypasting a list after its been received and appreciated, without any additional contribution, is a waste of everyones time.
this humnumb character gets a kick out of this but we're not alone in enduring it. humnumb = emptysea = noiserot.
POST DELETED (by MPC-Tutor): Emptysea, stop trying to turn nearly every topic around here into a Maschine vs Ren debate. If you want to debate Maschine vs Ren, start a topic in the Comparison forum, and leave it at that. This isn't a Maschine forum.
taken from the MPCForums.

Ironically he's also had his account suspended from the NI forums.

If you want proof of his fantastically trollastic behaviour just do a search for:
emptysea - MPCForums
Noiserot (account suspended) - NI user forums

Who knows how many other unfortunate boards suffer this incessant behaviour, I've seen at least two times where he's just copy & pasted an entire post from one forum to another.

It's the same thread derailing, Maschine spamming, attention seeking nonsense everywhere he goes but unfortunately for this forum the mods don't care to step in.

The best one can do is to try and make light of it and not take it all too seriously.

..or maybe we could turn every thread into being about humnumb and/or Maschine.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:35 pm

ha, good good, mans got his modus down all right. Thanks for digging that up panten, i was in need of a laugh ;D

laurymikzy

Post by laurymikzy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm

hey guys loving my new toy (push) traded my maschine launchpad and axiom pro 49 and have not regreted anything!!..........BUT can u please enable touch strip to quick scroll up/down for session view some of us may have fairly large projects and pressing shift and arrows bit shit cheers guys keep up the excellent work

ps disco skin is dope

:o

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm

laurymikzy wrote:hey guys loving my new toy (push) traded my maschine launchpad and axiom pro 49 and have not regreted anything!!..........BUT can u please enable touch strip to quick scroll up/down for session view some of us may have fairly large projects and pressing shift and arrows bit shit cheers guys keep up the excellent work

ps disco skin is dope

:o
Bookmarked for later ;-)

Cheers
D

Regrind

Post by Regrind » Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 am

I read on the first page of this thread that there is not map editor at present. Any update on that?
I was wondering if the ribbon controller can be assigned to other parameters than pitch/scroll, e.g. modulation, cutoff, arpeggiation, etc.. Love the arp ribbon on my EMX-1.
Pre-ordered last night. Had to part ways with my Maschine MK2. Sold in on eBay in a record 30 minutes! Proud yet sad at the same time. Counting the days...
Thanks.
https://soundcloud.com/mistergupton
I make beats on an old Huggies box.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue May 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I beleive the editor is either max4live or reprogramming the remote script, as with the APC40 i doubt there will be an official editor for it....

Cheers
D

ruvacardsshop

Post by ruvacardsshop » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 am

Nice post.Any body tell me the best Customized Gifts Online shop in Ableton, in USA.

ZALTA19900

Post by ZALTA19900 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Will it be possible to access Live's browser and load a new set from Push?

Regrind

Post by Regrind » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 am

Will it be possible to buy a Push this year?
Just saying... :roll:
https://soundcloud.com/mistergupton
I make beats on an old Huggies box.