All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ableton Push: Questions & Answers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 am 

The advertisement says "Push always come with Live 9". So it seems I need to upgrade my Live 8 when buying Push. Since I have a lot of instruments with Live 8 my question now is what "3 instruments" and what "9 instruments" will be coming with Live 9 that comes with Push? I just want to be sure that I will not lose any of the instruments I currently have with Live 8.

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Music http://www.youtube.com/perboysen

Last edited by Per Boysen on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:10 am 

I am hoping that when Push is finally released, those of us who have already invested money into the Ableton software will be able to purchase the hardware at a reasonable price. We don't need any version of the Live software factored into the costing, so hopefully that will be taken into account by Ableton.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:58 am 

Why haven't you put a fader on this device. If this had a fader it will but the cherry on top on the ice cream per say.
Please add one before the release. We would all appreciate it
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 am 

artpunk wrote:
I am hoping that when Push is finally released, those of us who have already invested money into the Ableton software will be able to purchase the hardware at a reasonable price. We don't need any version of the Live software factored into the costing, so hopefully that will be taken into account by Ableton.

The price is listen on the website. With the controller its 600 or 700 i forget the price

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:34 am 

cambria1295 wrote:
Why haven't you put a fader on this device. If this had a fader it will but the cherry on top on the ice cream per say.
Please add one before the release. We would all appreciate it
Thanks!

too be more precise a cross fader so I can use this in traktor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 am 

cambria1295 wrote:
a cross fader
There is a ribbon (touch slider) on the Push that can be used for crossfading. For a lot of the work I do five continuous faders are required. I'm interested in the Push anyway and plan to use it together with a little Faderfox box for continuous sliding of parameters. What attracts me in Push is the logic in the notes layout of the button-board, for me it allows a more efficient playing than a piano style keyboard (reaching wider intervals with each hand, opening up for poly rhythmic "finger drumming").

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Music http://www.youtube.com/perboysen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 pm 

cambria1295 wrote:
artpunk wrote:

The price is listen on the website. With the controller its 600 or 700 i forget the price

Yes, you are correct of course. It's strange, the problem I was having was I was checking that page whilst logged into my account & for some reason the hardware alone was 'not available' to me, but the upgrade to Live 9 Standard/Suite was - even though I own Live 8 Suite with automatic upgrade to 9 when it comes out so why I would want that 'upgrade path' is a mystery to me.
Only after logging out did I see the push hardware being available at US $599.
I have never been able to understand the weird way Ableton's pricing pathways work.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 pm 

Will Push have a hidden easter egg Chess Battle mode?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:16 pm 

Hey,

I'm really interested in using Push for both ableton and other software such as Traktor.

Will there be a 'controller editor' application made available to edit the midi parameters of each control much like the Maschine? This would be useful to change the behaviour of buttons to act as gate/toggle or encoders to work as relative(endless)/absolute(1-127), utilise banks (it would seem a waste to have encoders that could not bank) and also change midi notes or cc values? A labelling utility for the encoders where the user could name the function the encoders perform would be a god send!

Like Maschine will the midi user mode be able to control other software without affecting your ableton session?

Lastly can a midi diagram of notes and cc's needed for each colour and button be supplied?

Thanks,

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:15 am 

Yeah, I'm curious about what he stated.

I understand that the APC and Launchpad (both Ableton branded) both do not have very flexible midi remapping of the controllers themselves. Will the Push be in the same predicament? Is it a secret? Damn I love secrets! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:55 am 

Questions.

Can two Push (What is the plural of Push?) be used in the same instance of live at the same time, while controlling/doing different things?
You have an "add effect" button, but is there a way to delete effects?
Can I create and record audio clips via push, in conjunction with my audio interface? (Wicked sampling into the fixed note record, anyone?)
Is there a such thing as a "Live-Vst" that I can load in my other DAW to use push (similar to Maschine?)

"Is it possible to control drum racks w/ push's note mode, so we can access up to 64 samples on one full grid?" +1. This would make Push stand head and shoulders above any competition.

yur2die4 wrote:
Will Push have a hidden easter egg Chess Battle mode?

If not, then I will be sure to use my Push as a chess board and post pictures. ♥

Last edited by Eventful on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 pm 

artpunk wrote:
cambria1295 wrote:
artpunk wrote:

Yes, you are correct of course. It's strange, the problem I was having was I was checking that page whilst logged into my account & for some reason the hardware alone was 'not available' to me, but the upgrade to Live 9 Standard/Suite was - even though I own Live 8 Suite with automatic upgrade to 9 when it comes out so why I would want that 'upgrade path' is a mystery to me.
Only after logging out did I see the push hardware being available at US $599.
I have never been able to understand the weird way Ableton's pricing pathways work.

i hope there will be a choice for exactly that case (ie you already own live 9 suite).

if not, you may have to logout, order push + live intro, and maybe sell it (or give it to a friend ;) ). at this moment, it will be less expensive than all other choces for live 8 suite incl live 9 upgrade owners...

any clarification would be very nice ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:46 pm 

Xmas Eve Update: In the USA, both Guitar Center and Musician's Friend now have Push listed online at $599, arrival 2/10 to 2/17.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 am 

will the push be able to slice audio to midi, and assign warp markers on audio? therefore allowing one to chop samples without a mouse?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm 

will it be possible to access .als files in the browser?
I have many instrument combinations set up as .als that I drag into session

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 34  Next