Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Discuss Push with other users.
Mystic38

Re: Ableton Push: Questions & Answers

Post by Mystic38 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 pm

ensure your kronos is midi sync'd to Live (if you are trying to use arps or whatever from Kronos).

Try using fixed length recording, but start playing in time before the count-in stops, or free run recording then truncate to your loop selection after the fact.

start with something simple...
Seabreeze147 wrote:I'm trying to do loops with my ableton push and I'm use a korg Kronos. But I'm having a timing problem that I can't get figured out. When it records it's either too short or too long. I can't figure the timing on this thing. I've had it about six months and I'm about to us this as a boat anchor. Can someone advise a good video to watch that has step by step instructions. Thanks too much money spent on equipment jerry.

mrekim

Post by mrekim » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Every time I add a new midi track that has a sampler (not simpler) instrument I have to manually arm the track to play it on the Push. All other instruments have that lighter red color on the record arm button automatically when I select them. Why not for Sampler instruments?

edit: also happens for Simpler instruments. is this due to them being an instrument rack?

AAdel

Post by AAdel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:48 pm

How does step sequencing operate in compound and complex time signatures like 6/8 and 7/8?
Actually I changed into 6/8 in Ableton Live, but everything played like 4/4.
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???
Singer, Music Producer & Trainer
https://radionama.com

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:57 am

stupid simple question, not a noob but never came across this so...

Push 2 - instead of retriggering, is there a way to stop a clip playing by just hitting a pad that's playing? Yes I can go into stop, mute, solo mode but say I want to stop one clip at the same instant as starting another?

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:50 am

muthafunka wrote:stupid simple question, not a noob but never came across this so...

Push 2 - instead of retriggering, is there a way to stop a clip playing by just hitting a pad that's playing? Yes I can go into stop, mute, solo mode but say I want to stop one clip at the same instant as starting another?
Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what you're trying to do, but I would just make another scene below that one. When you go to the next scene, it will stop the clip that is playing on the previous scene.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:29 am

muthafunka wrote:stupid simple question, not a noob but never came across this so...

Yes change the Clip Launch Mode to Toggle...

However what you're describing above will happen when you trigger another clip in the same track...

Cheers
D

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:17 am

S4racen wrote:

Yes change the Clip Launch Mode to Toggle...

However what you're describing above will happen when you trigger another clip in the same track...

Cheers
D
Toggle, of course, beautiful! I know about empty clips but if you want to fill up the grid with 64 samples you would lose 8 by having a blank row.

rebelxd

Post by rebelxd » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:08 am

Hey - just got a push 2, im curious why it wont see all my Kit-Core drumkits, but it will see the custom kits ive bought etc..

Any way for it to detect my Ableton drum pack kits? Thanks!

dengelman

Post by dengelman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:01 am

When playing long samples in Drum Rack, Pressing Shift+PLAY stops the sample. I use this in my workflow, for example if I hit the wrong pad on a long sample.

However, it seems that if I am recording, Shift+PLAY also stops the global record...

Have I got this wrong or any workaround?

Thanks

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Any way to lock the "repeat" function when switching tracks?

westpa38

Post by westpa38 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi - I have a question (I've tried searching the forum but couldn't seem to find an answer)....

When using the Push melodic step sequencer, if I manually hit the pads I can see the notes light up (allowing me to change the parameters of that note)... however if I choose to play the notes (hit record on and play the 64-pad notes) I don't see the notes light up in the melodic step sequencer window... am I missing something or is this how it is supposed to be?

(I prefer to hit record and play/hold notes, however what this means is I have to look at my computer screen to see the placement of the notes in the session window, and also it means I have to use my mouse to add automation to those notes on the computer, rather than utilising Push to make amendments...)

Many thanks in advance!

amkr

Post by amkr » Fri May 05, 2017 8:17 pm

All these links are dead.

Skullrattler

Post by Skullrattler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Is there a definitive answer to this question:

Can you set up Macro knobs to send MIDI CCs out to external synths without using Max ?

If yes, how?

bobbyduracel

Post by bobbyduracel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm

mrekim wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:59 pm
Every time I add a new midi track that has a sampler (not simpler) instrument I have to manually arm the track to play it on the Push. All other instruments have that lighter red color on the record arm button automatically when I select them. Why not for Sampler instruments?

edit: also happens for Simpler instruments. is this due to them being an instrument rack?
The default push behavior is to NOT auto-arm midi tracks when you select them (or add devices, to my knowledge) but to only do this in NOTES mode. If you want midi tracks to arm on selection automatically, you make an options.txt file for this.
#livefullycharged

ramona falls

Post by ramona falls » Mon May 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Does the Push2 offer control over Split Stereo Pan (two knobs per track)
or does it only work with the default Pan control (one knob per track)
?

Thanks very much!
- Brent