All times are UTC

Post subject: Global macro with Push?
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:41 am 

I have a very specific workflow I'm trying to achieve. I DJ with Ableton and Push 2, so I use the session view. My "decks" are two tracks filled with songs (clips) and each track has an audio effect rack to control filters, delays, etc. I want to make a third track that has just a macro on it, mapped to the audio effect racks on both decks. That way, I can lock the Push to that third track and control the fx, but still launch the clips from the other two. Is this possible? I have Max4Live.

Post subject: Re: Global macro with Push?
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:08 am 

Clyphx allows you to name racks specific names and then name the macros specific names that would translate control of a device on a different channel. I would look into Clyphx. It is a great resource and doesn't even require max :)

(I think the specific feature is called 'macrobat')

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:25 pm 

KidGhost wrote:
I have a very specific workflow I'm trying to achieve. I DJ with Ableton and Push 2, so I use the session view. My "decks" are two tracks filled with songs (clips) and each track has an audio effect rack to control filters, delays, etc. I want to make a third track that has just a macro on it, mapped to the audio effect racks on both decks. That way, I can lock the Push to that third track and control the fx, but still launch the clips from the other two. Is this possible? I have Max4Live.

Here's my device for this. You can control any parameter from any track, set a custom range, control multiple things, give Macros a custom name and skip values (eg. filter types).

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... ney-mapper

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:07 pm 

hoffman2k wrote:
KidGhost wrote:

Here's my device for this. You can control any parameter from any track, set a custom range, control multiple things, give Macros a custom name and skip values (eg. filter types).

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... ney-mapper

I got really caught up actually using it, but I had to come back and thank you for this. This works great.