Browser instrument name display

Discuss Push with other users.
guillaume82

Browser instrument name display

Post by guillaume82 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 am

Starting to play around with the Push and I am seriously impressed...

Just one small bit. Is there any way to customise the way the Push browser abbreviates instrument names? There are a few issues as for instance the first 4 or 5 instruments in the "Orchestral" sounds folder appear as "Alto Flute Solo" without further detail appearing on the articulation, which obviously makes browsing a bit difficult...

Not an issue for user library devices as one can set names that display best on the Push, but for factory content that's a bit of a problem.

guillaume82

Re: Browser instrument name display

Post by guillaume82 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Bumping this as I have the impression my browser is actually behaving a bit weirdly.

On all the videos posted by users or trainers I've seen, instruments appear in the browser with abbreviated names (say "AnalgSawBass.adg" for Analog Saw Bass)

Now when I use the Push names are not abbreviated in the browser, which displays as many characters as possible and then stops (hence the 4-5 instruments called the same as I described before, because their names start with the same characters)

Anyone else experiencing that?

Dionysiac

Post by Dionysiac » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm

I think I get a mix. Some fx and racks get a compact name with some letters missing and others just truncate. I'll try and find an example and update as I don't have it open at hand right now.

BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 am

Its really annoying on parameter names for plugins as well, it only seems to take the first few characters and does nothing intelligent, a bit of a pain really ;(

guillaume82

Post by guillaume82 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 pm

On mine the names are definitely all truncated, none is abbreviated (for instance the first Core Library Analog Bass presets appear as "Acoustic Almost", "Dual Osc 1 Wow...", "Dual Osc2 Rubber, "Dual Osc 3 Buzz O", "Dual Osc 4 Plasti" and so on)

I don't mind having the option to show truncated or abbreviated names actually, both may be useful - but does any Python wizard know if there is an option governing that in the remote scripts? I will also ask support and revert back if I hear anything