Browse my sample library

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
djadonis206

Re: Browse my sample library

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

scientist wrote:bump. i can't believe we're the only people who want to browse our own samples or load clips into session view.
I found loading samples from the computer to be faster and more efficient than loading them from the controller. This was my experience with Maschine and the same is true with Push.

Plus, I don't see the point if you can't preview what you're loading.

A little prep work goes a long way. I've racked all my Audio Units (check), made drum racks with all my favorite sample packs (check)....you the get the idea
Ableton | Elektron

Music

scientist

Post by scientist » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:01 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
scientist wrote:bump. i can't believe we're the only people who want to browse our own samples or load clips into session view.
I found loading samples from the computer to be faster and more efficient than loading them from the controller. This was my experience with Maschine and the same is true with Push.

Plus, I don't see the point if you can't preview what you're loading.

A little prep work goes a long way. I've racked all my Audio Units (check), made drum racks with all my favorite sample packs (check)....you the get the idea
by all means do your thing, but i'd like to touch the comp as little as possible. can you not preview with maschine? i can. i build kits 100% on the maschine hardware and love it. and for synth/sample presets i keep my own library lean and organized. they're all my own and thanks to naming/categorizing, i know what most of them sound like without previewing.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm

When I owned Mashine I was able to preview from the controller (version 1.8) However in my post above, I was referring to Push. I can find my samples from the Push controller in the user library, I just can't preview them.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that before.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

scientist

Post by scientist » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 pm

djadonis206 wrote:When I owned Mashine I was able to preview from the controller (version 1.8) However in my post above, I was referring to Push. I can find my samples from the Push controller in the user library, I just can't preview them.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that before.
ah i see. yeah, will definitely be even better when we can preview directly from push. i'm assuming that both that and the ability to load clips in session view are on the schedule to be added eventually.

my main concern is still getting my own presets into different directories than the built in ones, which is currently only possible via modifying the .cfg files. browsable user folders seems pretty low on their priority list, so we might be hacking for a good while/forever.