White Led colors have different color tints/shades

Discuss Push with other users.
lyovino

Re: White Led colors have different color tints/shades

Post by lyovino » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:22 pm

This thread is becoming hilarious as "The famous people who use Push" above.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Yeah, and pink is only for girlie-men. :)

132nonamemk\

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:43 am

Disfigurine wrote:[quote="132nonamemk\"]Image
Do you have Push?[/quote]

I have the Pull

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 pm

[quote="132nonamemk\"]
Disfigurine wrote:[quote="132nonamemk\"]Image
Do you have Push?[/quote]

I have the Pull[/quote]

Good. you should /logout and go use it to "produce" instead of trolling. Just because you dont share the same concerns that other people do, does not devalue theirs. Realize that a lot of people upgraded to Live 9 to be able to use push. Realize that it was an investment for most people, and for some of those people, $600 is a lot of money, they may have even spent months saving up for one. Being completely happy with a $600 product is not an irrational request. So If you dont have anything to contribute to the thread, gtfo. Its fine not to relate with my views, I guess its also fine being a 12 year spoiled little shit head too. So... you decide.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Disfigurine wrote:[quote="132nonamemk\"]
Disfigurine wrote:
Do you have Push?
I have the Pull

Good. you should /logout and go use it to "produce" instead of trolling. Just because you dont share the same concerns that other people do, does not devalue theirs. Realize that a lot of people upgraded to Live 9 to be able to use push. Realize that it was an investment for most people, and for some of those people, $600 is a lot of money, they may have even spent months saving up for one. Being completely happy with a $600 product is not an irrational request. So If you dont have anything to contribute to the thread, gtfo. Its fine not to relate with my views, I guess its also fine being a 12 year spoiled little shit head too. So... you decide.[/quote]

Some people have NO sense of humor. Not only that but we have to warn people that they may not be completely happy if they buy a Push in its present state. (Especially the guys that designed it....:)

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 pm

I am holding on to my Push with subtle pinkish / bluish white pads.

In a few years, they will be collector's items, and I will be able to sell mine on E bay for double the money.

You mark my words 8)

132nonamemk\

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Disfigurine wrote:[quote="132nonamemk\"]
Disfigurine wrote:
Do you have Push?
I have the Pull
Good. you should /logout and go use it to "produce" instead of trolling. Just because you dont share the same concerns that other people do, does not devalue theirs. Realize that a lot of people upgraded to Live 9 to be able to use push. Realize that it was an investment for most people, and for some of those people, $600 is a lot of money, they may have even spent months saving up for one. Being completely happy with a $600 product is not an irrational request. So If you dont have anything to contribute to the thread, gtfo. Its fine not to relate with my views, I guess its also fine being a 12 year spoiled little shit head too. So... you decide.[/quote]

geez calm down.. i didn't even notice the button shades were off until someone said "wait a minute.. the white shades are off". that's when i realized when mine were off too lol

do u not know what meme comics are?

132nonamemk\

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Lemmike wrote:This is apparently nothing to worry about, it's just the nature of the LEDs. I contacted support and this is the reply I got:

Thanks for contacting Ableton.

Regarding the LEDs, please understand that it is difficult to maintain perfectly consistent color across 64 pads.

We conducted extensive usability testing with Push, and found that the minor variances in brightness did not detract from Push's usability.

Additionally, please note that, due to the additive nature of RGB LEDs, variances in color may appear more pronounced when the LEDs are set to white.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again with further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Ed
Ableton Support

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:28 pm

What confuses me is how they're able to send perfectly calibrated units to reviewers, such as sonic lab, but not to the customers. I understance variance, but this is pretty drastic.

And here's a link to the video so that you can see that the photo is not tampered with. The perfect unit is show from above at about 3:55.
http://youtu.be/Atnn_uCsZBs

So to say that it is "impossible" to make the units have consistent LEDs is a bit of bs.

It's one thing to have your marketing photos and videos be perfect, it's pretty shady to send perfect units to reviewers with no intentions of sending the same quality of product to your customers.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:40 pm

I don't know if video reveals the true color variants. I have yet to see a video that looks as bad as any of the units posted.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:53 am

I dunno, maybe Push would look better with unlit pads instead of white (at least in room lighting)...

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 am

i can see color variations in the white pads in this pic. and if it was a better quality pic i bet it would be obvious to everyone

------
Disfigurine wrote:What confuses me is how they're able to send perfectly calibrated units to reviewers, such as sonic lab, but not to the customers. I understance variance, but this is pretty drastic.

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:19 am

[quote="sowhoso"]i can see color variations in the white pads in this pic. and if it was a better quality pic i bet it would be obvious to everyone

------

[quote="Disfigurine"]What confuses me is how they're able to send perfectly calibrated units to reviewers, such as sonic lab, but not to the customers. I understance variance, but this is pretty drastic.

I'd be happy if mine was half as good as that one. Here's mine again.

132nonamemk\

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 am

Disfigurine wrote:
sowhoso wrote:i can see color variations in the white pads in this pic. and if it was a better quality pic i bet it would be obvious to everyone

------
Disfigurine wrote:What confuses me is how they're able to send perfectly calibrated units to reviewers, such as sonic lab, but not to the customers. I understance variance, but this is pretty drastic.

I'd be happy if mine was half as good as that one. Here's mine again.

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 am

Yeah lol. Try working in step sequencer mode and figuring out velocities with these pads. Doesn't affect functionality my ass. Hahah.