White Led colors have different color tints/shades

Discuss Push with other users.
molefonken

Re: White Led colors have different color tints/shades

Post by molefonken » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:31 am

mkaylor wrote:I just received mine straight from Ableton, via Texas warehouse. The whites go from pink to dark purple. I have one Yellow pad in drums that is a DARK yellow.

How come all the video from Ableton show perfectly white pads? I want to trade mine for one of those.
They should give you on of those, since you didn't get what you paid for. Bad advertising.

thekillingtree

Post by thekillingtree » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm

nvm.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 pm

If Ableton ever fixes the problem, they should have a recall process (perhaps with a small upgrade fee)... I have ordered mine, and if it has a serious LED problem I may still return it or swap it for a second try; I'll know on Monday ....

It is also true that Ableton has shipped a lot of these, and there aren't all THAT many complaints in the forums (here and elsewhere) ....

That said, even without the recall, if Push as effective as I think it is going to be, it is a small price to pay for being on the bleeding edge of technology. It is possible that the engineering involved to make all the colors consistent may have been difficult, and made the cost prohibitive.

I'm sure there will be other controllers shortly, but supporting Ableton by purchasing this device (if it is useful to you) is a no-brainer even if flawed from an aesthetic perspective).

Because I'm 73, I don't have all that much time left, and I'm delighted that Ableton produced this device before the inevitable truck hits me....

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Think smart, Ableton is not going to have a recall. They may, as newer units are produced make refinements. What it comes down to is a roll of the dice with the LEDS. I do believe they will provide users with means of color modification to some degree in the software. "JMO"

Keep it, modify it or return it and forget about it. For sure version 2 of Push will be modified in some fashion.
Push is so much fun and refreshing when coming up with new ideas and getting tracks down fast. You will be looking past the LEDS in no time as you are creating/playing and having a blast controlling your projects. If you can't get past it, stop the moaning and move forward as you were without it.

"These are only my thoughts and opinions and not meant as insults." :wink:
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

motoryogurt

Post by motoryogurt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:42 pm

molefonken wrote:
mkaylor wrote:I just received mine straight from Ableton, via Texas warehouse. The whites go from pink to dark purple. I have one Yellow pad in drums that is a DARK yellow.

How come all the video from Ableton show perfectly white pads? I want to trade mine for one of those.
They should give you on of those, since you didn't get what you paid for. Bad advertising.
The push used in the official "using push" vids, has the same led issues everyone is talking about. You have to look close but its there. Shows up on video about as well as my led differences do.

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

That's exactly the point motoryoghurt! On some user pictures, the color differences are noticable from space.

Just like a bad fridge salami-pizza, that only has 1 slice of salami. 'shit happens! Fuck that :x

deva

Post by deva » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:09 pm

motoryogurt wrote:
molefonken wrote:

The push used in the official "using push" vids, has the same led issues everyone is talking about. You have to look close but its there. Shows up on video about as well as my led differences do.
No it doesn't. The official Ableton Push videos are far better than the Push I received! Here is an accurate photo of what mine looks like:

login

Post by login » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:13 pm

motoryogurt wrote:
molefonken wrote:

yep, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYzHRHvSoY#at=97 specially in the close ups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQNHgY4NnM here is more clear but light doesn't make it so outstanding.All these pics on this topic have been taken without light.

jadef

Post by jadef » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:53 pm

meh, screw all this crap about us making too big of a deal of it.

if i bought a color monitor and it had a bunch of dead pixels on it, youre damned right i would return that bitch.

jadef

Post by jadef » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:53 pm

meh, screw all this crap about us making too big of a deal of it.

if i bought a color monitor and it had a bunch of dead pixels on it, youre damned right i would return that bitch.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:17 pm

I would return the Push if it had dead pads. It doesn't; it is just a question of what you can live with versus the genius of its design....
(Of course if you think the design is genius, that will also weigh into the decision)
jadef wrote:meh, screw all this crap about us making too big of a deal of it.

deva

Post by deva » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm

jadef wrote:meh, screw all this crap about us making too big of a deal of it.

You are free to make as big a deal of it as you want!

I quite dislike the color variation, but I like using Push even more. It is ridiculously fun!!

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 am

Round 2. Hmmmm

132nonamemk\

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Disfigurine

Post by Disfigurine » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:17 pm

[quote="132nonamemk\"]Image[/quote]

Do you have Push?