OK, Indvidual pad sensitivity, then

Discuss Push with other users.
koranek

OK, Indvidual pad sensitivity, then

Post by koranek » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 am

You can use the User Mode button to set Push pad sensitivity, but this sets all pads.

Is there a way to set the sensitivity for an Individual Pad? The lower leftmost pad on my Push (the one that sends C1) feels different from the rest. If I hit any other pad hard enough, it sends a velocity value of 127. But the hardest I hit the C1 pad, the most velocity it sends is 96, and usual more around 80 or so.

I think I just need a way to set the threshold sensitivity for that individual pad.
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet

BobTheDog

Re: OK, Indvidual pad sensitivity, then

Post by BobTheDog » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:23 pm

I have two pads like this as well.

My bet is they are faulty and there is no individual pad settings.

I wonder how long it will take to get a replacement?

Natarjo

Post by Natarjo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:07 am

Saw this on twitter.

"@jasonswe: Ableton PUSH Tip: Just found this. Hold SELECT + one of the 16 Drum pads, you can adjust velocity for all notes triggered by that one pad."

jsn

Post by jsn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 am

Natarjo wrote:Saw this on twitter.

"@jasonswe: Ableton PUSH Tip: Just found this. Hold SELECT + one of the 16 Drum pads, you can adjust velocity for all notes triggered by that one pad."
Hi, what I meant by the tweet was that when you are step sequencing (just as you are able to hold Select and mute/solo/delete a pad) you can also adjust vel setting for a single pad. This has no effect in Instrument note mode...you must rely on global settings.

Edit: The problem about this tip is that it is not easy to reach the Velocity adjustment knob if one is holding the Select button AND one of the drum pads simultaneously. ;) (I have long fingers so it's available to me)
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP