Push Cover / Stand

Discuss Push with other users.
re:dream

Re: Push Cover / Stand

Post by re:dream » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 pm

No Ikea in South Africa, but I actually found someone who imports their furniture. Minimum order of GBP 200, but I asked them nicely so they will pick one up for me. Probably the smallest order they ever imported 8)

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:02 pm

drez wrote:
Airyck wrote:I'll give another +1 to the IKEA stand. Good angle and it feels extremely solid when pounding on the pads of the PUSH. No rattle bounce or noise, it's perfect and sooooooo cheap. The only downside for me is that I had to walk around IKEA for 30 minutes to find it.
Haha! I had that same problem. My daughter and I were walking all over the place. Then when we finally found it, we realized we walked past it twice.

Yep, and when I found it on display the sign said that it can be purchased on the other side of the store :roll: So then I had to walk against the crowd back to the beginning to pick it up then walk all the way across the store to check out.... it was ridiculous. If there was a fire in there I'd never find my way out, I'd just die :P

They should let you bring your car inside. Nobody should be expected to walk 10 miles just to get a laptop stand lol
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

aknewhope

Post by aknewhope » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 am

I really want that cover. Can we get any ETA Ableton?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 am

I whipped this desk stand up in a couple of hours this afternoon. Used some scraps of wood and purchased a 20mm thick MDF for sturdiness (though 10mm would have been plenty I think):

Total cost overall (including the can of paint) under $20.

I started by propping the push up at the desk to figure out the best angle. 12.5 was what I decided on. This was sketched out on a piece of pine and cut on the drop saw. Cut the top at the exact same dimensions as the Push plus 20mm extra at the front for the lip. Screwed and glued it all together then sanded the legs until it sat flat. Sanded it down, painted, on the desk by dinner. Not the neatest solution but works perfectly fine.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Yep, sometimes it helps to have actual motor skills.... :oops: :P :roll:

hansjong

Post by hansjong » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

I made my own stand, using PVC tubing and a combination of 90º bends and some other connecting elements. Very sturdy, very industrial and very cheap!

Tone

Post by Tone » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:06 am

jestermgee looks great!!! only thing missing is the leather wrist rest at the bottem like an mpc ren!!
MacBook Pro 15", 2.0 i7 quad, 16 gb ram, OS X 10.10.2, Live 9.6, PUSH II
https://soundcloud.com/nitepeople

aberkow

Post by aberkow » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:04 am

I just made this stand by taking a regular music stand (with a locking pivot), drilling through the bottom to make pass-throughs, and making a frame out of a 1"x2" board which I spray painted and secured with velcro strips. It can be used at a wide range of angles and is solid.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm

I remember somewhere in this thread somewhere said they'd bought the Decksaver Push cover. Yes I know overpriced for moulded plastic etc, but I will often need to travel with Push. So to whoever bought one - does it just fit over the controller, or does it "click" into place as well, so that it won't come off in my backpack?

4walls.music

Post by 4walls.music » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 pm

tedlogan wrote:I remember somewhere in this thread somewhere said they'd bought the Decksaver Push cover. Yes I know overpriced for moulded plastic etc, but I will often need to travel with Push. So to whoever bought one - does it just fit over the controller, or does it "click" into place as well, so that it won't come off in my backpack?
Just fits over, but it's pretty snug around the sides so it shouldn't fall off easily.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Anyone here got the Magma push bag? How is the protection from the dust working out?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Tarekith wrote:
tedlogan wrote:I remember somewhere in this thread somewhere said they'd bought the Decksaver Push cover. Yes I know overpriced for moulded plastic etc, but I will often need to travel with Push. So to whoever bought one - does it just fit over the controller, or does it "click" into place as well, so that it won't come off in my backpack?
Just fits over, but it's pretty snug around the sides so it shouldn't fall off easily.
Yup. Got it today, very snug indeed.

The price is hilarious though - £34 for molded plastic.

Regardless, this'll put my mind at ease when transporting it.

Thanks for the info