...why me.

Good Night Life

Re: GuitarCenter, MusiciansFriend, Music123 shipping PUSHed back

Post by Good Night Life » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:56 pm

My solution:

awdwon

Post by awdwon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:06 pm

[quote="Good Night Life"]From April 1st to the 9th...

...why me.[/quote]

Because it's guitar center / MF etc. Be prepared to wait even longer. They'll give you the runaround forever.

Good Night Life

Post by Good Night Life » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Well, they did give me $90 off the normal price.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 pm

My 'local' has pushed the date back 3 times since I deposited 20% down... The expected date is now 15th April ~ and I'm not getting a discount, I'm actually paying $30 more than if I ordered it online...
If they push the date any longer I'm considering asking for my money back and simply ordering it online from Abes when all the excitement dies down.
:(

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

StarcAt

Post by StarcAt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Ordered mine with Guitar Center on 30th of January with 100$ off. Got an email on 28th of March. Here is what my UPS tracking page says

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 04/02/2013, By End of Day
Lenexa, KS, United States 03/29/2013 1:12 A.M. Departure Scan
Lenexa, KS, United States 03/28/2013 11:24 P.M. Arrival Scan
Kansas City, KS, United States 03/28/2013 10:57 P.M. Departure Scan
03/28/2013 8:41 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 03/28/2013 7:36 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last time I was so excited when I had got Nord Modular G2 on my birthday when was a teenager, and I had to spent all that birthday party before I can play with it. Anyway when I spoke to the GC guy, he said that I can expect my order at least on 1st of april, but received an email on 28th of march. Definitely feels something wrong with it. Feel sorry about you guys who haven't got any news yet. I have no idea what's going on.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 pm

I would say what's going on is that Ableton received more preorders than the first batch from AKAI could fill... They have had to make choices regarding how many units they send to these 3rd party distributors as well as filling orders from their customers online...
Some shop fronts in the U.S.A obviously got a few, some elsewhere maybe...
Australia hasn't received ANY and supposedly wont until the 15th April (unless that date changes again) so I can see where Australian 3rd party orders are placed on Abes priorities (low)...
I just have to laugh... It's a bit like being in a queue for tickets or something...if there are multiple queues, the other queue will always seem to be moving faster...or if yours is moving, you will get someone in front of you who has a complex order or issues with their credit card or something that takes 29 minutes to sort out! Know what I mean? :?
Patience is the keyword here. Unfortunately I've never been a very patient man! :D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

CMMF

Post by CMMF » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm

artpunk wrote:I would say what's going on is that Ableton received more preorders than the first batch from AKAI could fill... They have had to make choices regarding how many units they send to these 3rd party distributors as well as filling orders from their customers online...
My name is Chris, I work with Musician's Friend and came across this thread. I just wanted to apologize for the delay, we are working with Ableton to fill all our backorders as soon as possible, but with a new product that is in high demand like the Push controller we are having trouble keeping up with the influx of pre-orders we received. If you'd like a better idea as to when your order may be filled, feel free to contact me at forums@musiciansfriend.com with your order details. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns at that email address, thanks!

Chris M.
Musician's Friend Customer Service

Good Night Life

Post by Good Night Life » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Thank you -- emailed.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Received my Push today from Guitar Center. I ordered on March 4th. The unit is clean and appears unopened though I have read that Guitar Center inspects these products. I used a coupon for $100 off and it was worth the extra week of waiting.

AnonymousHooks

Post by AnonymousHooks » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 am

I was jerked around my both Sweetwater and Musicians Friend. :evil: Both said my push would ship out from the next shipment, then the next and now M.F. is saying May 5th. I told them to screw off. Samash.com has them in stock right now. Ordered mine today ships tomorrow and will be here Friday. I'm in Minnesota, USA.

Good Night Life

Post by Good Night Life » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 am

Yeah, musicians friend now tell me it will be sometime next month - this is the 4th time they have changed the date. If anyone know of any place that has them in stock I would GREATLY appreciate the information.

The best part is: the shipping date got pushed back to the 12th of April, on the 31st of March it changed for a brief period of time back to the 1st of April...then to May 1st. Musician's Friend April fools joke? Regardless, painful.

Upright

Post by Upright » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:47 am

Got mine today from Guitar Center.

Crevice

Post by Crevice » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Upright wrote:Got mine today from Guitar Center.
In store? If so, where?

Upright

Post by Upright » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Crevice wrote:
Upright wrote:Got mine today from Guitar Center.
In store? If so, where?

I special ordered at Guitar Center here in California...it shipped this pass Saturday and arrived yesterday.