Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Discuss Push with other users.
lo.key

Re: Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Post by lo.key » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 am

if you're going to give the license away, why should it matter to you that a new account is created? Surely thats something the fellow youre giving it to would welcome?

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 am

lo.key wrote:if you're going to give the license away, why should it matter to you that a new account is created? Surely thats something the fellow youre giving it to would welcome?
That's not the point. AFAIK to actually get the licence you have to register your Push Hardware as a 'new' user. I do not wish to do that, nor should I have to. Why should existing users/license owners be treated in a discriminatory way in comparison to new users? Advertising that 'every push comes with Live 9' should mean just that.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 am

I would kindly respond that I'm not buying live 9 yet and demand via email the copy owed to make their product work as advertised.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:26 pm

hmm, no response yet on what happens when selling a push, if the new owner would get a copy of intro or not since apparently I wouldnt have one to transfer to them. They were fairly quick on the draw with the other response though

Julzius

Post by Julzius » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Same here... just lame.
ezelkow1 wrote:And their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The free Live Intro license is only included if a customer is new to Live.

Since you already own a Live license, unfortunately the Intro license does not come with Push.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

----------

Seems a little disingenuous to me, in the box it says it includes an intro license, yet you only get that if you dont already have a license.....so you cant recoup the 100$ that intro is supposedly worth since you would think that would contribute to the overall cost of push (in an incentive sort of way). Its probably just an issue with push licenses though where you automatically get an intro license if you dont own one, and they dont want people getting a push, selling the intro license, and then also able to sell push and once its re-registered the new owner then gets another copy of intro.

Oh well, asked if we were to resell a push if the new owner did not have a live license if they would immediately get an intro license as well. I suppose if you wanted to give your intro license to your daughter you could transfer your push license to a new account, then hopefully that would also get you the intro license

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Seems like fraud to advertise that something is included and then not include it but since I'm not an attorney then I really couldn't say for sure. (<-- maybe German law is different than in the US but I think that they'd have to follow US law in the US...but I'm not an attorney so I couldn't say. :roll: ) I promised the intro license to a friend's twenty something year old son who wants to buy Pro Tools. I suggested he check out Ableton first. Penny wise, pound foolish for the Abe's I think.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the PUSH despite having many of the same issues that I've been reading on this board. I've been playing with it since getting it last night. I have no regrets spending the money.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:45 am

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/mislea ... ing-claims
Creating a false or misleading impression

Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.

This rule applies to their advertising, their product packaging, and any information provided to you by their staff or online shopping services.It also applies to any statements made by businesses in the media or online, such as testimonials on their websites or social media pages.

For example, businesses cannot make false claims about:

the quality, style, model or history of a product or service
whether the goods are new
the sponsorship, performance characteristics, accessories, benefits or use of products and services
the availability of repair facilities or spare parts
the need for the goods or services
any exclusions on the goods and services.
It makes no difference whether the business intended to mislead you or not. If the overall impression left by a business’s advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law.

There is one exception to this rule. Sometimes businesses may use wildly exaggerated or vague claims about a product or service that no one could possibly treat seriously or find misleading. For example, a restaurant claims they have the ‘best steaks on earth’. These types of claims are known as ‘puffery’ and are not considered misleading.

In their advertising there is absolutely no caveat saying 'Every Push' or 'Push Always' ..."except if you are already a Live Licence owner"

Therefore every individual who purchases Push regardless of if they already have a pre-existing Live licence or not has every reasonable expectation of receiving a Live Intro Licence with their Push

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I would like to think Ableton support has simply made a mistake in this case, one which will be rectified soon hopefully.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm

What do they say about just sharing your full L9 with your friends?

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:What do they say about just sharing your full L9 with your friends?
I'm not sure what you mean in the context of what we are discussing. :?:

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:27 am

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:What do they say about just sharing your full L9 with your friends?
technically live is a limited use license. each owner has a set number off computers they can install it on.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:53 am

Yes, only two, which usually ends up being a desktop for studio use and a laptop for live/mobile use I would imagine. I'm still not sure what Assymetrical is getting at here with his post...
It is because of Live's limited 2 computer installation (which is fine by me btw, they have to limit the distribution of their software somehow I guess & it is made clear in their FAQs) that I imagine many others beside myself were expecting and hoping to be able to share the Intro License that is advertised as coming with 'every Push' with others who might gain creative use out of it, such as family members, friends.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 am

I'm just bored....I knew I only get two Ableton Activations or whatever,

and they're all nasty about us sharing those

Mostly I'm trolling, this situation sucks and basically Ableton is saying eat it.

I'd be playing with my Push if it didn't play out of every record enabled track even if I've got specified MIDI Channels for my external instruments.

For example i got a microkorg, Love the sound but the Keys Suck, I got a Novation Remote SL to play it and I can't get the Fucking Push to play only out on the track it's focused on like the grand piano. I keeps fucking playing all tracks. I think I'm waiting for an L9 update but I don't even know, that sucks.

I at least want my Live 9 intro License! maybe in my frustration I'm being petty.....IDK I'm going to bed having not made music again today :(

Ursadorable

Post by Ursadorable » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Depending on your country, you can take them to small claims court which generally doesn't cost you anything other than your time to appear. Seems to me you have a pretty clear cut case for a judgement in your favor.

Goseba

Post by Goseba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Very disappointed too about not receiving my Intro licence. :?

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 am

intro is free. it is generously come with hardwares for the marketing purpose. Win-Win. Actually intro was freely downloadable at soundcloud. I have 2 copy of intro CD come with 30 bucks hardwares. But I agree that it's misleading.