Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Discuss Push with other users.
Goseba

Re: Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Post by Goseba » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 am

pencilrocket wrote:intro is free. it is generously come with hardwares for the marketing purpose. Win-Win. Actually intro was freely downloadable at soundcloud. I have 2 copy of intro CD come with 30 bucks hardwares. But I agree that it's misleading.
You are confusing Intro with Lite.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 am

Goseba wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:intro is free. it is generously come with hardwares for the marketing purpose. Win-Win. Actually intro was freely downloadable at soundcloud. I have 2 copy of intro CD come with 30 bucks hardwares. But I agree that it's misleading.
intro is more akin to the apc40 edition. intended for the gear purchaser of ableton branded products to get some function out of them if new to ableton. still misleading, but it's hard to blame them from wanting to limit the side market where people could sell more or less functional versions of their software.

login

Post by login » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 pm

skatr2 wrote:
Goseba wrote:
intro is more akin to the apc40 edition. intended for the gear purchaser of ableton branded products to get some function out of them if new to ableton. still misleading, but it's hard to blame them from wanting to limit the side market where people could sell more or less functional versions of their software.
No, apc version is more inline with lite. Intro has other features.

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:01 pm

I too would like to give my license to a friend that is very interested in Abe 9.

schlocktober

Post by schlocktober » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Just echoing what others are saying.

I assumed I'd get a separate license for Intro with Push, which factored into my decision to pre-order. I intended to give Intro to a friend, who would likely have ended up purchasing a full version once she got hooked. Now she will probably end up buying neither Intro nor a full version. Excellent marketing!

Ursadorable

Post by Ursadorable » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Free.. I don't think that word means what you think it means. Ableton sells Intro for $100 on their website, $120 if you want the physical boxed version. I'm disappointed to find out Push doesn't at least come with the physical version.. with a dead tree manual and plastic coasters.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:38 am

Ursadorable wrote:
Free.. I don't think that word means what you think it means. Ableton sells Intro for $100 on their website, $120 if you want the physical boxed version. I'm disappointed to find out Push doesn't at least come with the physical version.. with a dead tree manual and plastic coasters.
Seriously! I don't have a printer and I'm not too fond of going back and forth between the .pdf and Live. Would have liked a sticker or two as well. :lol:

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Ok, now this is some BS, finally got a response about reselling of push and what happens with the intro license since I didnt get one:

Ableton only issue a Live Intro license or offer a discounted upgrade to Live 9 upon registration of new Push units, so second-hand units are not eligible.

The seller would contact Support to transfer the Push serial number to the second-hand buyer. We also recommend including the original invoice or proof-of-purchase with the unit. This way, the new user will receive information about Push updates and be able to make a warranty claim, if the unit is still in warranty.

Any license included as part of the second-hand Push sale should be agreed privately between the two parties. If the seller wishes to transfer an Ableton Live license, in addition to the Push serial number, this needs to be explicitly requested when the seller contacts Support.
-------------------

So they are basically saying if you register your push and already own a live license, thats it, you lose out on the 100$ worth of software you were supposed to get. Also anyone in the future attached to your push license also loses out, there is no way to get them the software they would be entitled to

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:14 pm

That Fucking sucks balls Ableton!

Grovestand

Post by Grovestand » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

I own Ableton Suite 9 and I just purchased Push.

I love it. LOVE IT.

But I would really like to give away or sell my copy of intro that came with it.

I know a lot of people who would love to have it and I am totally broke.

I haven't registered Push yet. Should I register it with a new account to get the live intro license and then transfer the Push serial number to my account?

Will that work?

Is there any reason to register Push if you already own Suite?

Grovestand

Post by Grovestand » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:49 am

Grovestand wrote:I own Ableton Suite 9 and I just purchased Push.

I love it. LOVE IT.

But I would really like to give away or sell my copy of intro that came with it.

I know a lot of people who would love to have it and I am totally broke.

I haven't registered Push yet. Should I register it with a new account to get the live intro license and then transfer the Push serial number to my account?

Will that work?

Is there any reason to register Push if you already own Suite?
Bump.

thronechild

Post by thronechild » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:32 am

I have suite and registered to another account to make sure I got it the intro license. Only get one shot so i didnt want to take a chance. Haven't tried to transfer but I don't see why you can't.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:42 am

I managed to get one but that was after waiting 2 weeks and letting ableton figure out their own policies. If you purchased the push from ableton itself then it might be 50/50, they dont want to give you an intro license if push was bought with an upgrade and who knows what their policies are. They just dont have an easy way to figure out who purchased a push as part of an upgrade bundle through them or not.

Once they realized I had bought push from a third party retailer then they eventually issued me one. Id say if you want to avoid the hassle, setup a second account

Grovestand

Post by Grovestand » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:21 am

ezelkow1 wrote:I managed to get one but that was after waiting 2 weeks and letting ableton figure out their own policies. If you purchased the push from ableton itself then it might be 50/50, they dont want to give you an intro license if push was bought with an upgrade and who knows what their policies are. They just dont have an easy way to figure out who purchased a push as part of an upgrade bundle through them or not.

Once they realized I had bought push from a third party retailer then they eventually issued me one. Id say if you want to avoid the hassle, setup a second account
Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

thekillingtree

Post by thekillingtree » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 pm

i feel like the whole push / live 9 pricing situation is weird.

i picked up a Push (locally) on friday and quickly realized that i want//need the suite instead of just live intro. ok, so here's where the mess started. my forum account uses an old email address that i no longer use (i still have access to it, it's just a spambox now) and i didn't realize that logging into the forum would log me in with this email for the WHOLE ableton site. consequently, i purchased live 9 under a different email address than the one my push is registered to. it's one of those things that i noticed right after i hit submit on the final payment screen. :|

i called ableton and they said that they would merge the 2 accounts and see what to do about the difference in price, but i had send a support ticket. :|

i sent that yesterday morning and after getting a little bit impatient i rang them up again today. this time the rep told me that the only way to get the bundle upgrade pricing is to buy the push and suite 9 at the same time and since i didn't there wasn't really a way to get this sorted. he asked me to scan my Push receipt and email it in and they'll see if they can either credit me or give me ableton credit or something. however, he said that he had no guarantee that any of this would happen since he'd have to talk to his manager.

what i proposed was just refunding my order under the wrong account and i'll repurchase the live 9 upgrade under the right account, but he didn't think that'd work.

all in all, this is a mess (mostly my fault, i know) but i'm not sure why it takes support so long to respond OR why the phone reps can't just do this over the phone.

the only real question i have is if i do end up getting the 'upgrade suite 9', will i need intro installed to install suite 9?