Push quality issues, how to adress them, and UI requests.

Discuss Push with other users.
Dchild

Re: Push quality issues, how to adress them, and UI requests.

Post by Dchild » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 am

If the next patch of Push's don't have this defect then i'll be really pissed.

We the (Early Adopters) who brought your product should not be penalised.

Either issue a statement saying:

We're working on a FIX

Or

Explain we will be compensated!

Keeping quiet is not an option!

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:22 am

Dchild wrote:If the next patch of Push's don't have this defect then i'll be really pissed.

We're working on a FIX

Or

@ Dchild - you ordered yours online direct from Ableton didn't you? Do you know what the procedure for returning a unit to Abes from Australia is, if you had to go down that path (hoping that of course you won't have to)

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:46 am

that's the Abes big conundrum i guess. it's hard to imagine that they won't resolve the LED issue for some future batch.

their statement on the issue implies that they were aware of the LED problem before launch, however it's a fair bet that if they had have made this known earlier then many people (including myself) would not have pre-ordered, but waited until the issue was addressed.

i'm not sure what to make of the idea that it is impossible to have consistency across 64 pads either, since the problem is more serious than that. the range of tints is so great that even finding a subset of 16 pads with the exact same "white" is difficult to do.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 am

rud wrote:8 days
8 friggin days since i received the pseudo-human response for my opened ticket.
8 days I still have no response

The forums are crippled with messages and complaints about the LEDs

And ALL promo shots / videos show PERFECT WHITE LEDs devices.
Should we assume all promo vids / shorts are edited, cleverly covering the faulty LEDs ?
Is this a defective batch we were un-lucky to receive ?
Come on Ableton, say something!

I'm sorry, but now, 8 days later, I'm pissed, really pissed.
they've already responded... publicly in the forums. they state its something they expect is a possible problem with so many LEDs and feel for the most part it doesn't impact useability. if it hurts your ability to work then I suggest you return yours before you can't.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 am

artpunk wrote:
Dchild wrote:If the next patch of Push's don't have this defect then i'll be really pissed.

We're working on a FIX

Or

@ Dchild - you ordered yours online direct from Ableton didn't you? Do you know what the procedure for returning a unit to Abes from Australia is, if you had to go down that path (hoping that of course you won't have to)
yeah honestly if you're THAT pissed and will only get more pissed as better batches come out because you were stupid enough to buy a product that was unseen to market, I suggest you return it before you can't. take it as a learning lesson for being unable to roll with a new product and make sure it completely meets your needs before you buy.

lococobra

Post by lococobra » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 am

skatr2 wrote:yeah honestly if you're THAT pissed and will only get more pissed as better batches come out because you were stupid enough to buy a product that was unseen to market, I suggest you return it before you can't. take it as a learning lesson for being unable to roll with a new product and make sure it completely meets your needs before you buy.
Releasing a product with flaws and not telling anyone about it just so you can make enough money to fix them at a later time is still just not right. You can either blame the customer for being an early adopter, or you can blame the company for preying on early adopters. I really don't think it's unreasonable as a customer to put some degree of trust in a company you like, so I'm forced to say that this is just really poor business practice/ethics on Ableton's part.

In this case I think it's perfectly reasonable to be upset, and when people are upset they vent. So it goes. You aren't helping anyone or changing anyone's opinion... So perhaps you should take your pugnacious attitude elsewhere.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:25 pm

everything created by humans has flaws...

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 am

depends. you could excuse if there were no method to avoid.
viewtopic.php?p=1500555#p1500555

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 am

lococobra wrote:
skatr2 wrote:yeah honestly if you're THAT pissed and will only get more pissed as better batches come out because you were stupid enough to buy a product that was unseen to market, I suggest you return it before you can't. take it as a learning lesson for being unable to roll with a new product and make sure it completely meets your needs before you buy.
Releasing a product with flaws and not telling anyone about it just so you can make enough money to fix them at a later time is still just not right. You can either blame the customer for being an early adopter, or you can blame the company for preying on early adopters. I really don't think it's unreasonable as a customer to put some degree of trust in a company you like, so I'm forced to say that this is just really poor business practice/ethics on Ableton's part.

In this case I think it's perfectly reasonable to be upset, and when people are upset they vent. So it goes. You aren't helping anyone or changing anyone's opinion... So perhaps you should take your pugnacious attitude elsewhere.
and your complaints in a forum aren't helping anything either. you have a method for redress... return your product and demand your money back. that's how you tell a company you don't like something they are doing. to say that they released push to make money to fix it later is borderline slander and would need some significant proof on the accusers part. but feel free to accuse away... my push works fine and I'd return it easily if I had a qc issue.

warp100

Post by warp100 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 am

Wow, mine looks worse than the other pics on here. I thought some of the pads were supposed to be purple at first: http://imgur.com/h7ZgYZf

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:48 am

warp100 wrote:Wow, mine looks worse than the other pics on here. I thought some of the pads were supposed to be purple at first: http://imgur.com/h7ZgYZf
Woah... I would return that one immediately. Tjeezus what a total crap calibration. In fact, I wonder if they calibrate at all. My god! 8O

I am totally glad now I held off on Push and gave up on it for now. :?

altus

Post by altus » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 pm

warp100 wrote:Wow, mine looks worse than the other pics on here. I thought some of the pads were supposed to be purple at first: http://imgur.com/h7ZgYZf
Funny, you'd think if it was a variation in the LED brightness/color, the differences would be random, but mine has EXACTLY THE SAME PATTERN OF PURPLE LEDs as yours. That is, all the LEDs that are purplish on yours are purplish on mine. Could this be a software issue then?

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:37 pm

I think it would be wise for them to implement a firmware or software fix. Even if it requires them to change the shade of the pads to a slightly different color. Then, users can make a change if they wish. This will fix the problem and all of these ridiculous threads regarding color.

As of now you can download a script to start monkeying around with it yourself, which only goes to prove that it can be improved in a software fix. Many users are not code friendly and I'm sure that Ableton can do a better job with their own software..
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

warp100

Post by warp100 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:51 pm

altus wrote:Funny, you'd think if it was a variation in the LED brightness/color, the differences would be random, but mine has EXACTLY THE SAME PATTERN OF PURPLE LEDs as yours. That is, all the LEDs that are purplish on yours are purplish on mine. Could this be a software issue then?
I'm pretty sure it has to be a strange coincidence because I've seen many pattern variations.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 pm

The strange thing about this is that when you look at products like the launchpad, every pad is exactly the same colour. Granted, they don't show white but they do mix colours to get the different shades and not a single feedback on these or APC from what I have noticed.

What about anyone with a Maschine MK2? Granted it only has 16 pads but in theory, if the issue was an issue of not being able to get the mix right between LEDs consistently "in the real world" then this would affect other things like the Maschine, LED lighting strips etc.

I can agree that it's not something that really affects performance and if the unit was $300, there would be no grounds to really complain but $600 is not a toy and with some of the units having serious mixes of colour, not just small variances, I wouldn't be happy about the cost.