Push quality issues, how to adress them, and UI requests.

Discuss Push with other users.
eyeknow

Re: Push quality issues, how to adress them, and UI requests.

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 am

Will the RGB tool help with the side buttons?

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 am

No.
eyeknow wrote:Will the RGB tool help with the side buttons?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:28 am

That sucks. So, is it something you just live with, or should I consider a new unit?

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

This is a general issue with the Push that we all have to live with. It doesn't get better until Push II ("Shove").. :)
eyeknow wrote:That sucks. So, is it something you just live with, or should I consider a new unit?

panten

Post by panten » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:42 pm

I've never had a problem with not being able to see the side buttons personally.
However, there's no denying that they could have been more intelligently considered and implemented, especially for those who are a little ahem.. ocularly challenged.

I have a feeling (total hunch) that they intentionally kept them dark and low key in order to emphasise the 'playing area'. After all they heralded it as being an instrument first.

login

Post by login » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:03 pm

I would have preffered that the side buttons were hard plastic too, I hate ruber buttons for this kind of controls.

Pioneer cdj's style button are the best IMO.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm

I think Ableton is promoting health by requiring you clean your fingers before using Push..

DrWashington

Post by DrWashington » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:24 pm

I just received my brand new Push, and I'm having some serious velocity sensitivity variances between pads (in addition to the LED color variance issues, which aren't as bad as some, and isn't as big an issue to me as the sensitivity problems).

Ableton seriously needs to address these QC issues. This is entirely unacceptable for a $600 MIDI controller! :evil:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:05 am

That sucks.

I didn't have velocity issues "per pad" but it took me a while to get used to how they work. I think I'm as close as I can to getting the curve and sensitivity to where I feel good.

Still it really sensitive so I have to be careful, but overall it's been a really good experience.

Waldgeist

Post by Waldgeist » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Mine also has some green-looking white pads. But to be honest: This did not cause any problem to me so far. I wouldn't even have noticed it until I read this thread. Is is really an issue to have some light deviations in the to-be-white color?

login

Post by login » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Waldgeist wrote:Mine also has some green-looking white pads. But to be honest: This did not cause any problem to me so far. I wouldn't even have noticed it until I read this thread. Is is really an issue to have some light deviations in the to-be-white color?
No, ABleton stated some time ago that getting 64 RGB leds perfectly matched is not easy.

The good part is that there is a RGB calibration tool that can make your pads match much better, you have to email ableton support and send and photo of your Push.

macgregoroi

Post by macgregoroi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:17 am

I work with LED and its not that hard.
They just didn't use good components.

dmauldin

Post by dmauldin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: individual pad sensitivity

Just checking in... Has nobody come up with any kind of maybe 3rd party utility fixes for the pad sensitivity? I'm not sure if the messages sent from the controller to Live are standard format MIDI over USB or any other standard or just completely custom. Hoping maybe we can modify the values ourselves, since it doesn't look like Ableton is too keen on giving us per pad calibrations. :(