How to use Push in User Mode? How to map MIDI manually?

Discuss Push with other users.
AdamKosmieja

How to use Push in User Mode? How to map MIDI manually?

Post by AdamKosmieja » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 am

Hi,
Can anyone help with any advice how to manually MIDI map in Push? when I go to User mode the LED is only yellow for the pads and the faders respond only as 0 to 1?

lo.key

Re: How to use Push in User Mode? How to map MIDI manually?

Post by lo.key » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:47 pm

the led colour is controlled by the velocity out. Cant recall what default live sends out. The 0-1 of the fader is probably the note on for the touch? Julien Bayle documents all the messages it sends and receives here http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push

AdamKosmieja

Post by AdamKosmieja » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 pm

lo.key wrote:the led colour is controlled by the velocity out. Cant recall what default live sends out. The 0-1 of the fader is probably the note on for the touch? Julien Bayle documents all the messages it sends and receives here http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push
Thanks for your advice. I figured the knobs out, now ableton gives you more options on how to control the faders (there is a small list under the mapped parameter). As for velocity I tried but it doesn't seem to work. It was working with the launchpad for me but not with push. At least they light yellow, but it would be nice to also have control of the visual side of Push in User mode.
Cheers!

coleb

Post by coleb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 am

i've never noticed the mode before when mappings the push's rotary knobs in user mode. i'm seeing this weird behavior after mapping a control to one of the knobs in user mode: the control starts to move around on its own, even though live isn't receiving any midi data. it only does it when on a mode that is not the default. which mode works for you? even using the default mode, the control doesn't respond like i would expect it to when using the knob on push.

coleb

Post by coleb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 am

so i figured out that my internal midi bus was somehow feeding back random midi data into live and causing that erratic behavior, very weird and i don't have anything routed to or from my IAC bus, it was just on in the background. i found the best CC modes too.