Set up Push to exactly mimic note layout of Launchpad?

Discuss Push with other users.
amorfati

Set up Push to exactly mimic note layout of Launchpad?

Post by amorfati » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 am

Just got Push I and really like the innovative way that notes are laid out, however I am trying to find a way to make the note layout on Push exactly mimic the Launchpad. I have some older live projects that I've very used to using with Launchpad and would like to be able to play these particular projects in the same exact position on Push. I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Has anyone else?

Thanks for your help.

anamexis

Re: Set up Push to exactly mimic note layout of Launchpad?

Post by anamexis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Not out of the box. I plan on making a M4L device to make the Push grid mimic the Launchpad User 1 mode for playing an entire drum rack at once.

coleb

Post by coleb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:36 am

you could make a M4L patch, but if you don't want to do that, you can make a midi rack full of transpose midi effects. for each note that push puts out (make sure that you're always in the same scale and key on push), just transpose it the right amount of steps to get it to put out the note that the launchpad would have put out. then rack each one of those and make sure that you set the key range for each rack to be affecting only the desired note. its very very tedious to do this, but once you have it done, save it as a midi rack preset and you can drag it in whenever you need it. i did something similar when i transitioned from a trigger finger to maschine as a midi controller.

Upright

Post by Upright » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:03 am

anamexis wrote:Not out of the box. I plan on making a M4L device to make the Push grid mimic the Launchpad User 1 mode for playing an entire drum rack at once.

This would be sweet!