Push in for sale in Europe?

Discuss Push with other users.
dub_narcotic

Push in for sale in Europe?

Post by dub_narcotic » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Anyone aware of any webshops who has a Push in stock in Europe (Germany is even better)?

Due to some mistaken information via customer service I missed ordered via Ableton before the shipping dates changed to June, and now webshops not responding to emails, I am having trouble finding anything.

Thanks.

Robin Nixon

Re: Push in for sale in Europe?

Post by Robin Nixon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 am

Mine is available if you want it.

It's fully working but, because I am red/green colour blind I require precise colour definition in order to accurately tell the difference (for example) between greens and browns, or cyans and blues, etc. As you may be aware from other posts on this forum the first batch of Push devices seems to have slight colour variations when displaying colours close to white. For non-colour blind people this is just a mild annoyance, but to me it's the difference between being able to use the Push properly or not.

So, I am trying to get the shop I bought it from to give me a returns number but have heard nothing from them yet in over 24 hours. So if you would like my brand new and hardly touched Push for the price I paid (£399 + postage) email me (robin@robinnixon.com).

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 pm

robin, have you tried simply substituting the colours for other ones in the .py scripts? Its fairly easy to do, im sure more discernible colour schemes are available...

Robin Nixon

Post by Robin Nixon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:00 pm

lo.key wrote:robin, have you tried simply substituting the colours for other ones in the .py scripts? Its fairly easy to do, im sure more discernible colour schemes are available...
Indeed I have, but most alternate colours that are not too garish also exhibit too much colour variation for me to effectively use Push. I would suspect that the 12% of people who are colour blind would mostly have big issues with this problem, as we rely on accuracy of colours because we often may tell the difference between two colours more on brightness than colour.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:07 pm

my sympathies amigo. my dad is colourblind, so im very familiar. i make maps at work, and we use a plugin to swap over colours to mimic the perceived colours :]

hope you find something that works!

Robin Nixon

Post by Robin Nixon » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:42 am

I'm not sure that I can in all conscience sell my Push. No camera catches colours as well as the human eye, so the following photo of my Push may well look OK to some and much worse to other people. I just think I'll have to return it - but thanks for the email inquiries people have sent.