Multiple shades of gray/white

Discuss Push with other users.
Silicium

Re: Multiple shades of gray/white

Post by Silicium » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm

for me its okay, it doesnt really annoy me.
But still sad about that ableton used RGB instead of RGBW LEDs.
anyone who do electronic stuff knows that there is no possibilitiy to create real white with an simple RGB LED.

ak69

Post by ak69 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:08 pm

I have that problem too.
Not as bad as some here, and quite honestly I like the look.

However it seems to be conencted with how they react to presses.
Pinker pads seem to be less velocity sensitive, and require rougher punishment for the same amount of whimpering.

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:Mom knows I sell weed
:lol: Hopefully she doesn't cook your books.

warp100

Post by warp100 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Here's mine in case anyone's interested. This was from the July 5th shipment. I have not modified this image in any way, and it was taken with the power supply plugged in in a lit room with and iPhone 5: http://imgur.com/h7ZgYZf

Robin Nixon

Post by Robin Nixon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 pm

warp100 wrote:Here's mine in case anyone's interested. This was from the July 5th shipment. I have not modified this image in any way, and it was taken with the power supply plugged in in a lit room with and iPhone 5: http://imgur.com/h7ZgYZf
Oh dear. It looks like Ableton hasn't learned... I'm glad I returned mine (which had very similar problems) rather than wait for a software fix or try to swap it for another unit.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:51 pm

warp100 wrote:Here's mine in case anyone's interested. This was from the July 5th shipment. I have not modified this image in any way, and it was taken with the power supply plugged in in a lit room with and iPhone 5: http://imgur.com/h7ZgYZf
Probably less obvious without the power supply.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Pfff, that would hurt my brain if i had to play on that thing... Hope mine will not be that messed up.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Like I said in the other topic. I am now totally glad I have given up on Push and not buying it.

This kind of bad QA is totally unacceptable. Especially at the price you pay for this unit. Sorely disappointed.

Their whole excuse about it being too hard to calibrate 64 RGB leds is an absolute disgrace and insult to our intelligence.
As why can other manufactures do it right? Like Native Instruments, Livid Instruments and even Novation with their new launchpad that also has 64 RGB pads.
Or what about the aquarium trade (which I am also in as aquarium hobbyist) with their LED aquarium lightning units that are perfectly calibrated? And then we talk about light units that can contain up to over 200 RGB LEDs!!

This whole statement about this issue from Ableton is just as worse as the whole antenna gate with Apple´s iPhone 4 launch 3 years ago, when Steve Jobs told his customers they were holding their phone wrong! :evil:

And seriously, if Ableton is going to continue acting this way, with such sheer arrogance and disrespect towards their customers.... I am done with Ableton! Like forever!

I am almost starting to hope that Bitwig will launch sooner than later, surprises us with stability and quality and blows Live 9 out of the water and let this whole thing blow up in Ableton´s faces. /shrug :?

panten

Post by panten » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:07 pm

G'wan then, skedaddle. This sort of 'sour grapes' mentality is turning into spam.
I find Push to be an amazing tool/instrument for interfacing with Live regardless of minor inconsistencies of LED whiteness.

If your'e done, be done. Don't hang around looking for sympathy or some sort of cosmic justification for your disgruntlement with Ableton. Jeezos...

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:24 pm

panten wrote:G'wan then, skedaddle. This sort of 'sour grapes' mentality is turning into spam.
I find Push to be an amazing tool/instrument for interfacing with Live regardless of minor inconsistencies of LED whiteness.

If your'e done, be done. Don't hang around looking for sympathy or some sort of cosmic justification for your disgruntlement with Ableton. Jeezos...
If you are fine with shoddy QA. Fine. Doesn´t mean others have to as well.

So far all the pictures I have seen, we are not talking about "minor" inconsistencies, but downright terrible shoddy calibration. You almost wonder if they even bother calibrating the LEDs at all.
For a midi controller, PUSH is really expensive and people are allowed to expect quality and proper LED calibration!

As tell me, why can Novation do it with their cheap launchpads and Ableton / AKAI not with the PUSH that is three times more expensive as the Launchpad?
Here an quick example picture of the new Launchpad S with RGB leds. Look at the perfect calibration (left unit the new S and right the old unit):
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=18188261

So yeah.... tjeez! Especially since AKAI isn´t new in the hardware scene.

drez

Post by drez » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Yeah, it really does look pretty bad. I just got mine in and the pink hue to the white is just shoddy.

Disappointing.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

jadef

Post by jadef » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 pm

man ive waited so long for my push to come.

now that its finally here im so sad and disappointed.

the LEDs on my pads are just not uniform that i think my OCD is gonna get the better of me and im gonna have to return my push.

i mean, its just so noticeable and defeats the purpose of having colored pads. theres like bright pink pads next to white pads next to blue pads. just ignore the bright pink ones i guess?

why didnt it look like this in all the videos and demos?

i love ableton's minimalist design and perfection, but with this im just kinda embarrassed for them.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:21 am

jadef wrote:man ive waited so long for my push to come.

the LEDs on my pads are just not uniform that i think my OCD is gonna get the better of me and im gonna have to return my push.

i mean, its just so noticeable and defeats the purpose of having colored pads. theres like bright pink pads next to white pads next to blue pads. just ignore the bright pink ones i guess?

i love ableton's minimalist design and perfection, but with this im just kinda embarrassed for them.
I guess they didn't fix the lights ( viewtopic.php?f=55&t=194841). DON'T SETTLE., JADEF! It's not OCD. You paid hard money for a product that should be manufactured proper! These pics I've seen of leds are pathetic. I was really excited about Push when it was first announced and this? My Maschine MKII's leds don't have this problem. Totallty B.S. and unexcusable, IMHO :roll:

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:
panten wrote:G'wan then, skedaddle. This sort of 'sour grapes' mentality is turning into spam.

If you are fine with shoddy QA. Fine. Doesn´t mean others have to as well.

So far all the pictures I have seen, we are not talking about "minor" inconsistencies, but downright terrible shoddy calibration. You almost wonder if they even bother calibrating the LEDs at all.
For a midi controller, PUSH is really expensive and people are allowed to expect quality and proper LED calibration!

As tell me, why can Novation do it with their cheap launchpads and Ableton / AKAI not with the PUSH that is three times more expensive as the Launchpad?
Here an quick example picture of the new Launchpad S with RGB leds. Look at the perfect calibration (left unit the new S and right the old unit):
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=18188261

So yeah.... tjeez! Especially since AKAI isn´t new in the hardware scene.
I agree Guillermo, you should be able to criticize a product if you purchased it or sent it back, i find the defending of ableton on some issues bizarre.

thronechild

Post by thronechild » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:15 pm

jadef wrote:man ive waited so long for my push to come.

This is how I feel about it too, I will be exchanging and/or returning the unit if I can not get one that is solid. I started a thread to poll who has good normal push units and who has Rainbow Push Units over this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=195447

I'm hoping everyone with a push will vote so we can see some real numbers on who has a good unit and who has a bad unit so please head that way and spread the word. The more public this gets the more chance Ableton might do something. :idea: