User colors on your Push!!!

Discuss Push with other users.
baseinstinct

Re: User colors on your Push!!!

Post by baseinstinct » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Is there a good script for ableton10 and push 1?

vokinpirks

Re: User colors on your Push!!!

Post by vokinpirks » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:19 pm

Raypath wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 pm
phil-ip beats wrote:Workaround?

If you are using always the chromatic note layout, you could create a midi track with drum rack and empty simplers, redefine notes like in chromatic note mode and choose colors as you wish. Create a new midi track with your instrument and as input choose youre custom made drum rack track.

??? Im not in front of my push..so i dont know if it really works.
Has this worked out for anyone? I'll try this eventually.
Let's assume we want to build a custom scale with individually color coded pads. We only need four notes - C, D, E, G.
Create a MIDI track with Drum Rack ('source').
In the devices area of the drum rack, right click, Create Chain (actually no need to have empty simplers), repeat four times for each note we need. *
In the Receive column, set notes chromatically, depending on what octave you actually need (C, C#, D, D#). **
Now you have four empty chains in the Drum Rack so just assign color to each pad as you wish.
Create another MIDI track ('receiver') with instrument on it which will actually play back what you play in Drum Rack.
Drop the Scale device on the receiver track, set up it as required, so that C plays C, C# plays D, D plays E, D# plays G. Disable all other notes as we only need C, D, E, G.
Select the source track in MIDI from chooser of the receiver track.
That's it.

* If you want to have the scale you make across several octaves you have to repeat this process for each octave. As a downside, there will be gaps of unplayable pads in a drum rack. But at least they will be greyet out and they make no sound when you accidentally press them. Or alternatively you can use them for different purposes, drop samples on them or whatever.
** You can also use the pitch MIDI effect in the receiver track to transpose notes octaves up/down.
An obsessive knob twiddler