Discuss Push with other users.
WISH1

Re: User colors on your Push!!!

Post by WISH1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 pm

ableton 9.0.5

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:27 am

Did you copy paste the whole file correctly? nothing added nothing missing?

Did you remove the SkinDefault.pyc file when you added the SkinDefault.py?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 am

That Seapunk version looks beautiful.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 am

Just tried again, made sure I copied every line, and tried 2 times, once with deleting the old SkinDefault.pyc and the second time leaving it there. Same results. The push ends up frozen and the bottom four rows are lit up all weird, but very dim.

It worked before with the previous versions, but can't get it to work anymore. maybe you can upload your SkinDefault.pyc file for us non tech savvy?

triant

Post by triant » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:39 pm

mono808 wrote:Hey triant, i must say your seapunk color scheme really looks dope!!! Any Chance you could share the pyhton file for it?

Greetz,

mono808
>> BY POPULAR REQUEST <<

drez

Post by drez » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:51 pm

triant wrote:
mono808 wrote:Hey triant, i must say your seapunk color scheme really looks dope!!! Any Chance you could share the pyhton file for it?

Greetz,

mono808
>> BY POPULAR REQUEST <<

Hey WISH1, why don't you try this exact file and see if it works for you?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:25 pm

I must say the support the Ableton community has is incredible. Although I have had no luck gettting the .py file to work, (also trying the new link >>by popular request<<) I am a patient person and is very impressed with all the help I've received. anyway, just wanted to high five all the folks helping out. you are appreciated! Can't wait to get these colors working on the push!

Peace & Fresh Beats

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:07 pm

WISH1 wrote:I must say the support the Ableton community has is incredible. Although I have had no luck gettting the .py file to work, (also trying the new link >>by popular request<<) I am a patient person and is very impressed with all the help I've received. anyway, just wanted to high five all the folks helping out. you are appreciated! Can't wait to get these colors working on the push!

Peace & Fresh Beats

You should do a fresh install of 9.0.5... then try the "by popular request" file...

triant

Post by triant » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 pm

deva wrote:
WISH1 wrote:I must say the support the Ableton community has is incredible. Although I have had no luck gettting the .py file to work, (also trying the new link >>by popular request<<) I am a patient person and is very impressed with all the help I've received. anyway, just wanted to high five all the folks helping out. you are appreciated! Can't wait to get these colors working on the push!

Peace & Fresh Beats

You should do a fresh install of 9.0.5... then try the "by popular request" file...

actually we've been PMing and he seems to have tried that with no better results. can anyone else out there confirm whether my skin works for you?

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 pm

triant wrote:
deva wrote:

Peace & Fresh Beats

actually we've been PMing and he seems to have tried that with no better results. can anyone else out there confirm whether my skin works for you?
I have downloaded, but not tried... in the middle of something and don't want a possible mess

However, he tried with the other one above and it did not work for him either and that is the one I am using...

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:43 am

triant wrote:
deva wrote:

Peace & Fresh Beats

works fine here...

DRTYWRKS

Post by DRTYWRKS » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:12 pm

I can't seem to get the file to work either. I placed it in the correct directory and then restarted live without success. My push just remains on the screen "Please start live to play..."
Last edited by DRTYWRKS on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triant

Post by triant » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 pm

DRTYWRKS wrote:I can't seem to get the file to worth either. I placed it in the correct directory and then restarted live without success. My push just remains on the screen "Please start live to play..."
can you confirm you're running 9.0.5?

DRTYWRKS

Post by DRTYWRKS » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I am I checked my 'About Live' It says 9.0.5.

thekillingtree

Post by thekillingtree » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:58 pm

DRTYWRKS wrote:I can't seem to get the file to work either. I placed it in the correct directory and then restarted live without success. My push just remains on the screen "Please start live to play..."
same here.

this is a fresh 9.05 install, btw.