Push feature requests

Discuss Push with other users.
SuburbanThug

Re: Push feature requests

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed May 15, 2013 5:57 am

A USB cable that fits flush with the port would be much better than having half the jack hanging out. It wobbles and I can foresee future problems with the input getting bent up or broken with its current design.

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 am

A proper preset browsing and categorize (that should be in Feature Request but this request is only for push use, so...)

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:A USB cable that fits flush with the port would be much better than having half the jack hanging out. It wobbles and I can foresee future problems with the input getting bent up or broken with its current design.
you can buy one like this separately. while it may benefit some, I would have no use for that design as my hub is deep in my desk and bending the cable that direction would add pressure on the input.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I'm just saying it should plug all the way into the port rather than having half the USB jack hanging out the back of the Push. It wobbles. That will cause damage to the port.

djod

Post by djod » Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 pm

An easy way to unmap parameters with push (delete+press parameter knob) from there associated Macro Knob, so you can tweak and record the parameter inside a rack.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 am

Another request for mod wheel support using the touchstrip or, well, anything. I'm running into trouble with this lately. This would be a huge improvement to the "instrument" design of this tool. Pleeeeaaaaassseeeeee!?

Also: please implement a fine knob resolution feature. Stray has already done this with a modified script so I know it's not that hard, haha. Pretty Pleaaaaaase!?

Aaaaaaand: This is not just a Push request but one for Live. Please, please, please fix the audio crackling when dragging and dropping a new instrument where there is no new track, which adds a new track. Or is this on my end? I don't think it is. I'm running pretty much only Live on a brand new, pretty decent macbook with a large buffer size.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please?????

A "hold notes" button would be nice as well.
Last edited by SuburbanThug on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

[art]

Post by [art] » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:11 am

Just playing around with the new Beta on Push.

Really love the way the Browser handles the Places folder. Kinda makes me wish places was more easily accesible and all folders behaved this way.

It really makes me think that when creating a new track it would be way better to have all the 1st Column list: ie Instrument Rack, Drum Rack, Analog, Collision etc... They should all be available straight up when you hit browse. All across the display. They'd fit perfect.

Same goes for effects.

You could still have the two green buttons. First one for default, 2nd to take you into presets.
Last edited by [art] on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[art]

Post by [art] » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:25 am

here's a quick mockup:

timball72

Post by timball72 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:54 am

I find that when playing instruments in Notes mode, it's difficult to control note length using the pads - leading to shorter note lengths than would naturally be the case with keys.

Some way to adjust the minimum note length would thus be useful. (I don't think that the note length effect can do this, or am I wrong?)

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 pm

yes, note length can do this for you (set to 'note off'). But why do you find it hard to control note length? Maybe try playing with your sensitivity settings?

dorianjames

Post by dorianjames » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:53 am

i'm sure these have been mentions but i wanted to +1 them

1)better browsing
  • -browse vst and au folder of system
    -browse preset of vst/au
    -folders for effects
    (filter delay, simple delay, and ping pong delay, and third party delays grouped together)
    -browse and add add audio clips
2)melody step sequencer
  • -slide accent
    -nudge and velocity
3)free assign touch strip

4)add midi effects

5) transpose
  • -by octave
    -by semitone
6)I don’t know if this is possible but a basic waveform display for sample length editing or midi piano roll for a melody step sequence and editing. maybe one like on the CDJ player sequencer. Just enough to allow you to see what's going on.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:03 am

They're not going to be able to do that graphic display stuff but I really hope they are working on a note step sequencer. It would be really easy using the display. I'd love to program like I used to on my old workstation when I was a kid.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 am

4)add midi effects
You can do that by pressing Shift+Add Effect
2)melody step sequencer
There's a melodic step sequencer in pxt-live's remote script (by metastatik), i haven't tried it tough.
http://www.nativekontrol.com/PXT-Live.html

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to using that script yet. I would rather have the functionality I have with a little bit more rather than learning a new system. The basic setup of Push is pretty awesome but it could be practically amazing with a couple of additions. Not that I don't appreciate Stray's innovations...

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 am

I understand, apparently the way it works is quite similar to push's default mode so the learning curve shouldn't be so hard plus it uses the user mode so you keep all the push's default functionnality ... as i said, i haven't tried it but it seems sexy ;)