Push feature requests

Discuss Push with other users.
rabota

Re: Push feature requests

Post by rabota » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Bin ray wrote:Its very easy to mute a drum rack pad (mute +pad). But if you use this live, or record it, it sounds rubbish, since you are often cutting off the beginning or end of a drum sound. The mute drum midi notes feature (select, pad, mute) is very nice to mute a drum sound without unpleasant cuts, but in practise the finger combination is hard to use live, and you can't mute more than one pad's notes at a time.

In my humble opinion it would be much more useful to have this the other way round, so mute + pad muted the notes played on that pad, and (select, pad, mute) muted a pad's audio. It would be alot easier to jam live with drums.

Is it easy to make a python script to do this?
Yes! Especially if this could be locked in place with a 'Shift+Function' command

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:15 pm

One thing I sorely miss on Push - to transpose a midi clip up/down by any specified octave. Very often I'd record a loop, and then browse different instruments to play the loop. Some will be pitched too high, some too low - and most sound drastically different when comparing really low notes to really high ones. So I want to keep it in key, but simply hear my loop in different octaves. Should be very easy for them to add to the clip menu.

alpermo

Post by alpermo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:45 pm

+1
tedlogan wrote:One thing I sorely miss on Push - to transpose a midi clip up/down by any specified octave. Very often I'd record a loop, and then browse different instruments to play the loop. Some will be pitched too high, some too low - and most sound drastically different when comparing really low notes to really high ones. So I want to keep it in key, but simply hear my loop in different octaves. Should be very easy for them to add to the clip menu.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Dotted note repeat.

Fixed velocity note repeat.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:02 pm

adh82 wrote:Drum Rack MIXER please!!!!!
Just hit shift volume/pan send on a drum rack track.
Just made me think, would be nice to fold and unfold grouped tracked in the mixer from push.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:11 am

Fixed length recording for audio tracks. Seems so obvious.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Living~Stone

Post by Living~Stone » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi there, I have been working with push since July, I really enjoy it. One piece of functionality that I really want implemented is the ability to browse libraries for audio files, select them and add them to a specific audio track in Live using only the push.

I have been waiting on this feature for years (pre-push)

Anyone have any insight on how to implement this natively in live or suggest any 3rd party things that will do what I am proposing?

Colbs

Post by Colbs » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:30 pm

A button to open/close the detail view of a plugin

I'd also love to be able to add vst plugins from the controller.

This one would be a hardware update but on push 2 bringing dedicated mute, solo, stop, and arm buttons back like the apc40 is the biggest thing I'd want. It's just way too confusing sharing all those key features with one button and I'm finding I'm wasting a ton of time referencing between my monitor and the controller just to do something as simple as muting. The extra space on my desk is well worth the time savings.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Colbs wrote:A button to open/close the detail view of a plugin

would be great - perhaps holding down or double-tapping the device selection button could open/close VST windows.
This one would be a hardware update but on push 2 bringing dedicated mute, solo, stop, and arm buttons back like the apc40 is the biggest thing I'd want. It's just way too confusing sharing all those key features with one button and I'm finding I'm wasting a ton of time referencing between my monitor and the controller just to do something as simple as muting. The extra space on my desk is well worth the time savings.
Definitely would much prefer dedicated buttons - 2 more rows won't hurt.

-------------------------------

Push's Clip view for MIDI clips - we have 4 empty slots (!!!). I would be eternally grateful if those slots could be filled up with 4 of the commands from the "Notes" section of MIDI clip view:

Play at double tempo
Play at half tempo
Reverse
Invert

Lots of enjoyment when used with drumclips.

login

Post by login » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:40 am

tedlogan wrote:
Colbs wrote:A button to open/close the detail view of a plugin

would be great - perhaps holding down or double-tapping the device selection button could open/close VST windows.
you should create this one at the beta site, who knows if we push it as we did with the modwheel they might implement it ont day.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:00 am

Someone already posted this suggestion, although 9 months ago.

https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 64099A881F

SUG-0974

It would be handy to have.

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:54 am

Ableton needs to get their head out of their ass and start updating this thing stat. There's been a pathetic amount of development that's gone into this controller. The only thing they are doing is draggin' ass so they can drain the market therefore not to cannibalize M4L, or any other future products they might be concocting. The fact that are not even making Stop, Mute, and Solo accessible while in Device mode is a testament to their laziness. Along with that User Mode is pretty much useless unless you buy a third party application or have M4L. I thought the benefits of having a dedicated hardware midi control surface dependent on a computer is that they could update it to offer more functionality than the initial release. They have the code and know what all of it does. WTF are they doing?

moleunion

Post by moleunion » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:55 pm

In "Note" view:

The tonic (1) is lit up in blue (very helpful). It would be amazing if the other scale degrees could be color coded via user selection (even if just the dominant (5th) were orange or something).

Would also be great if the push remembered session (or even track or clip) specific scale selections and could recall these even when power cycled.

+1 for the record button working to record in the arrangement view and not just clips.

[art]

Post by [art] » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 am

all this push 2 hype has really got me getting about on push 1 again...

anyways...

a feature request...

when in fixed length step sequencer mode its possible to hold a step and then extend its note length... but this can't be done beyond the actual fixed length of the loop... it stops at the loop end point...

it would be AWESOME to be able to extend this back into the start of the loop...

is it possible already and i just dont know?

can it be done on push 2?

braduro

Post by braduro » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:58 pm

1) Banking next 8 track encoders in both Note and Session mode for mixer view and track selection, not just Session Overview pads or cursing over one track at a time.
2) Preview browser and silent pad selecting with shift key to be routed to Cue output (if this hasn't already been addressed
3) Stop the press: Bigger Tap Tempo button before shipping date, OR, modifier key to temporarily apply 4-direction pad as tap-tempo pad