Push feature requests

Discuss Push with other users.
jbone1313

Re: Push feature requests

Post by jbone1313 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Colbs wrote:A button to open/close the detail view of a plugin
For the love of a god, yes. It's 2015. And we can't hit a button to open a plugin window with an $800 controller. Pfft.
Colbs wrote:This one would be a hardware update but on push 2 bringing dedicated mute, solo, stop, and arm buttons back like the apc40 is the biggest thing I'd want. It's just way too confusing sharing all those key features with one button and I'm finding I'm wasting a ton of time referencing between my monitor and the controller just to do something as simple as muting. The extra space on my desk is well worth the time savings.
With Push 2, you have to hold down the mute button to mute/unmute tracks. On Push 1, these were dedicated buttons depending on the context. I think they should bring this back to Push 2. I think they can do it with mute lock or something like that. Major bummer that Push 2 requires two hands to mute tracks.

telekom

Post by telekom » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Firstly: Push 2 is superb. Love it. Thank you Ableton people. Next time I'm in Berlin I'm bringing you beer. (You gave me beer at your party/Kompakt shop a few years back so I need to return the favour anyway.) :)

Secondly: TAP TEMPO, PUSH 2. My feature suggestion is this. Possible firmware update: Hold down Tap Tempo, enter your tempo via the Pads. Simple, but I think it would improve the usability without changing much existing functionality. You can still enter Tap Tempo via the button, but holding it changes the function and accesses the pads for tapping. It's very unlikely to be accessed by accident, because no-one ever holds down Tap Tempo, right? :)

Tapping in tempo with those clicky rubbery buttons is difficult. It's the only thing in Push 2 which I feel is not well implemented/designed (everything else is 100%). :)

But take your time. You've earned a rest. :)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

spud0

Post by spud0 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:21 am

Selecting a clip in "Session" via Push 2 -> push "Clip" on Push 2 -> NEED there "copy Clip" and "paste Clip"

feature requests:

copy and paste clips in session view
move tracks like devices

pls delete, it was a mistake. want it write there viewtopic.php?f=55&t=218851&p=1692316#p1692316.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Sorry if this has been said already.

Please can we have pitch and mod wheel on the touch strip when using drum racks.

If people really exist that want to bank up and down using the touch strip fine, just please add a shift function to enable this.

Elevated01

Post by Elevated01 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:25 pm

ned rush wrote:Sorry if this has been said already.

Please can we have pitch and mod wheel on the touch strip when using drum racks.

If people really exist that want to bank up and down using the touch strip fine, just please add a shift function to enable this.
^^ I second this request. I'm surprised (and often annoyed) at the default touch strip functionality with drum racks. Most people are certainly using 16 pads or less, most of the time...

Are we currently not able to pitch bend drum sounds in a drum rack?

condra

Post by condra » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:58 pm

A Wavetable synth designed especially for use with Push.
- The interface mirrors much of Push
- Pushes pads can be used to graphically generate and manipulate wavetables
- The touchstrip can be tied to wavetables and/or pitch

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:04 pm

That would be awesome. :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:13 pm

condra wrote:A Wavetable synth designed especially for use with Push.
- The interface mirrors much of Push
- Pushes pads can be used to graphically generate and manipulate wavetables
- The touchstrip can be tied to wavetables and/or pitch
A wavetable synth? ALL wavetable synths! It's just data.

Ableton doing a great wavetable synth would be real gone though.
Make some music!

condra

Post by condra » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am

Operator - I would love if Operator would display the page of whatever parameter is being tweaked with Push.
At the moment, I can be tweaking Osc 2 but graphically it remains on Osc 1 in Live/Operator.
Likewise with filter, LFO, etc.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 am

Elevated01 wrote:
ned rush wrote:Sorry if this has been said already.

^^ I second this request. I'm surprised (and often annoyed) at the default touch strip functionality with drum racks. Most people are certainly using 16 pads or less, most of the time...

Are we currently not able to pitch bend drum sounds in a drum rack?
I'm glad someone agrees. I want to record my mod wheel filter sweeps in my drum rack using the touch strip.

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Would love to have the possibility to set gate length for note repeat. Or to have the same gate length as the note repeat rate. Choose 16ths and get 16th note gate length.