Page 1 of 3

I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm
by Upright
I think Ableton nailed the whole "don't have to look at your computer screen" concept. I love Maschine but in comparison I feel like Maschine does do as well as Push does when comes to working from just the controller. Sorry I'm just really impressed with Push at the moment. How do you guys feel about working from just the controller?

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm
by BobTheDog
Well it's impossible isn't it?

I am finding I move back to the mouse to do one of the many things that push doesn't support and then forget to go back to using push!

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 pm
by panten
You are a terrible musician.

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:50 pm
by mutant23
Upright wrote:I think Ableton nailed the whole "don't have to look at your computer screen" concept.
?

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:52 pm
by BobTheDog
panten wrote:You are a terrible musician.
?

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 pm
by Upright
panten wrote:You are a terrible musician.

I know what you mean bro, I like to encourage people about their music too.

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 pm
by humnumb
Upright wrote:I think Ableton nailed the whole "don't have to look at your computer screen" concept.
:lol:

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:48 pm
by djadonis206
I dont buy into all that never having to look at your computer idea. I own a Virus, Machinedrum, Octatrack, and Analog four. Trust me, if I don't want to look at my computer, I really don't have to.

When working with Ableton and Push, I find it way more beneficial to split my time between the two. The computer is better at a lot of things than the controller, and vice versa.

Yes, in my humble opinion Push is is easier to work with when working in Ableton Live. It's like made for Ableton. And that scales thing, powerful. I wrote a song on accident last night, and had a great time doing it.

Maschine is cool if you're a finger drummer or into hip-hop or you get off on arguing on internet forums. ;)

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 pm
by djadonis206
djadonis206 wrote: Maschine is cool if you're a finger drummer or into hip-hop or you get off on arguing on internet forums. ;)
I'm none of those things

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 pm
by humnumb
djadonis206 wrote:Maschine is cool if you're a finger drummer or into hip-hop
A rather short-sighted misconception there...

Maschine is still cool even if you're not doing hiphop or finger drumming. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svnhwf7i3m4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy6Njb9SgmU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egPncQ36G-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmn8TvFqEGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZxcWIe3lO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIL6RidXdQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01Hjol1JMo
http://vimeo.com/21660785

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 pm
by djadonis206
Hum, I'm so glad you turned me on to all those YouTubes. I had no idea. Wow! Just when I thought I knew everything, here you come dropping some serious knowledge on fools. I think I can speak for the rest of the forum when I say your YouTube research skills are paralleled by no one! I'll probably sell all my gear and buy my 3rd maschine box. Your influence is contagious.

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:43 am
by SuburbanThug
The Maschine trolls on this forum have basically guaranteed that I'll never buy anything from Native Instruments again. Akai might get more of my business if they build something as nicely done as the Push for an affordable price, however... NI makes some pretty nice plugins but with Zebra and Alto around I have no problem going without them.

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:45 am
by Upright
SuburbanThug wrote:The Maschine trolls on this forum have basically guaranteed that I'll never buy anything from Native Instruments again. Akai might get more of my business if they build something as nicely done as the Push for an affordable price, however... NI makes some pretty nice plugins but with Zebra and Alto around I have no problem going without them.

Yeah....Aalto is a beast, I absolutely love that synth.

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 am
by artpunk
+1 for Aalto! Upright - have you been using it with Push? How is it for assigning parameters and so-forth? Damn, I can't wait to get Push!

Re: I have Push and I have Maschine and...

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:15 am
by Upright
artpunk wrote:+1 for Aalto! Upright - have you been using it with Push? How is it for assigning parameters and so-forth? Damn, I can't wait to get Push!
8)

I haven't gotten quite that far yet. I've had Push 2 days but because of work I haven't spent any "quality" time yet. Tomorrow I'll dive into that and report back.