WOW, muting sequencer notes only possible from Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
Upright

WOW, muting sequencer notes only possible from Push?

Post by Upright » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:58 am

It would seem that in Live 9 it is only possible to mute sequencer Drum Rack notes via the Push controller. Is this true? I can't find a way to do it outside of using the Push controller. If this is true, Push adds specific functionality to Live that you cannot get in Live by itself...that's kind of weird, shocking and cool all at the same time lol.

Lay out some notes using Push's step sequencer> Press and hold mute and then press a note> Note is now muted

I can't find a way to do this in Ableton, only Push..

Can anyone confirm this or am I overlooking something?

ezelkow1

Re: WOW, muting sequencer notes only possible from Push?

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:09 am

Its called deactivate notes, its been there for a while now

Just highlight any notes, right click, hit deactivate notes. Alternatively you can also right click on the note on the far left side of the piano roll and do a whole row at a time, so thats useful for the drum racks to deactivate a whole sample at once

Another option, which I think came in with live 9, is you can hit '0', the number zero, and any highlighted notes will deactivate

Upright

Re: WOW, muting sequencer notes only possible from Push?

Post by Upright » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:13 am

ezelkow1 wrote:Its called deactivate notes, its been there for a while now

Just highlight any notes, right click, hit deactivate notes. Alternatively you can also right click on the note on the far left side of the piano roll and do a whole row at a time, so thats useful for the drum racks to deactivate a whole sample at once

Another option, which I think came in with live 9, is you can hit '0', the number zero, and any highlighted notes will deactivate

Ok....I figured I was overlooking something. I tried right click but I didn't see the 'deactivate notes' option. I'll have to look again. Thanks for the info.