Assigning footswitch ports?

Discuss Push with other users.
john881

Re: Assigning footswitch ports?

Post by john881 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:20 pm

ive actually been considering purchasing this item :

https://www.amazon.com/Logidy-UMI3-MIDI ... op?ie=UTF8

reviews seem very positive and it seems to be very functional with ableton. ultimately I cannot imagine hand free / foot based looping being something that I can manage with the push. its quite crazy though how underdeveloped midi assignable foot controllers are generally speaking. there are very few available that work simply right out of the box and they are extremely overpriced also. its a shame because having some control with your feet opens up so many more possibilities !

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I've come to the same conclusion after trying to find a simple footswitch for controlling the looper on my Octatrack. It's amazing how few options are out there for something compact and still user assignable with any depth.

Von Stinkenhaus

Post by Von Stinkenhaus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

john881 wrote:ive actually been considering purchasing this item :

https://www.amazon.com/Logidy-UMI3-MIDI ... op?ie=UTF8

reviews seem very positive and it seems to be very functional with ableton. ultimately I cannot imagine hand free / foot based looping being something that I can manage with the push. its quite crazy though how underdeveloped midi assignable foot controllers are generally speaking. there are very few available that work simply right out of the box and they are extremely overpriced also. its a shame because having some control with your feet opens up so many more possibilities !
I have the Logidy UMI3 and I mapped a few things to it last night. I was trying to use my Boss FS-5U footswitch into the Push 2 footpedal port for control of the Looper plugin. It isn't mappable to Looper, but does trigger record and adds new clip slots, which is fine. My Logidy UMI3 was mapped to toggle on/off chorus and delay in Guitar Rig and the 3rd button was mapped to Looper. The one footswitch functions as - one press record loop, second press playback, press again to overdub, double tap stop loop and hold to clear it.

So far so good. The Logidy has held up well for the past few years and it's very useful. I just got my Push 2 a few weeks ago and I'm routing guitar thru Live now. I was wondering how everyone else here was using Live and Push for guitar looping.

Von Stinkenhaus

Post by Von Stinkenhaus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:09 pm

I posted this a while back and it's kind of sunk now. Just wondering - since I'm using a Boss Fs-5U in footswitch port 2 to trigger recording slots, I hear that there is a way to program the port 1 (sustain) to do something other than sustain - IF you have M4L. Which I do.

How is this done? I'd like to be able to replicate a Headrush type looping functionality with these two ports (record/play).

Thanks.

Janeway

Post by Janeway » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:23 am

Von Stinkenhaus wrote:
john881 wrote: I have the Logidy UMI3 and I mapped a few things to it last night. I was trying to use my Boss FS-5U footswitch into the Push 2 footpedal port for control of the Looper plugin. It isn't mappable to Looper, but does trigger record and adds new clip slots, which is fine. My Logidy UMI3 was mapped to toggle on/off chorus and delay in Guitar Rig and the 3rd button was mapped to Looper. The one footswitch functions as - one press record loop, second press playback, press again to overdub, double tap stop loop and hold to clear it.

So far so good. The Logidy has held up well for the past few years and it's very useful. I just got my Push 2 a few weeks ago and I'm routing guitar thru Live now. I was wondering how everyone else here was using Live and Push for guitar looping.

Hey how did you go with the Logidy being able to use it with the looper ?