What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
Floatzero
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm

I would like to see push itself ...

Post by Floatzero » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 am

... but since Ableton chooses a very bizarre production and delivery strategy this may another "16 or more" weeks to happen.

So i think it's the wrong time to discuss about more or new Features of push since most of the customers worldwide won't even be able to get their Hands on push because Ableton seems to produce only homeopathic amounts which will be shipped in waves to different geographic regions - not (as one may assume with a view on pre-ordering) in purchase order. :-/

Good Chance that europeans have to wait until Q3/2013 until they get their ordered stuff delivered if Ableton does not Change the process. I think that i'll get my custom configured new car i've ordered two weaks ago much earlier.

SuburbanThug
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 am

Everyone who ordered directly from Ableton got theirs first. I ordered mine March 4th and got it a week and a half later than those that pre-ordered from Ableton. Sorry you weren't in before they sold out but plenty were delivered all across the world. Can't exactly blame them for selling out on the first run...

Meanwhile a lot of us do have them and can comment on the product before you get charged for yours so I don't see why the protest.

humnumb
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by humnumb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

If you are just visiting this thread you should know that it is actually the "Why you should buy a Push/You may only say positive things about Push and anyone pointing out glaring omissions/limitations will be immediately labeled a troll" thread. Post accordingly.


SuburbanThug
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:28 am

@humnumb That's weird, I thought this thread was fairly critical of the Push seeing as how it's filled with people asking for things that they feel should have been included.

humnumb
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by humnumb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 am

SuburbanThug wrote:@humnumb That's weird, I thought this thread was fairly critical of the Push seeing as how it's filled with people asking for things that they feel should have been included.
I should have added: "According to SuburbanThug (insert your favorite Push troll here: deva/skatr2/panten...etc.),"

bastien
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:05 am

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by bastien » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

Use the ribbon as modwheel option.

VST preset switching.

Fugazi81
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by Fugazi81 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm

bastien wrote:Use the ribbon as modwheel option.

VST preset switching.
There are allready 10 modes available, at least inside the "Push Scripts" -> Info

MODE CUSTOM PITCHBEND = 0
MODE CUSTOM VOLUME = 1
MODE CUSTOM PAN = 2
MODE CUSTOM DISCRETE = 3
MODE CUSTOM FREE = 4
MODE PITCHBEND = 5
MODE VOLUME = 6
MODE PAN = 7
MODE DISCRETE = 8
MODE COUNT = 9
(Copyright Ableton)

There are so many features like "double tap Encoder to reset Parameter" etc, inside the scripts that are not implemented btw. currently not accessible by the user without "Python Voodoo"

Happy times are coming 8)



VST preset switching -> Max for Live! or Clips (you can send PrgChg with Clips)
but it would be great to do PrgChg with the Push +1


Have fun!

rutgermuller
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 11:27 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by rutgermuller » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:08 pm

A continuous multitouch surface, like Mugician on ipad

see my modification idea here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=192284

ezelkow1
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Fugazi81 wrote:
bastien wrote:Use the ribbon as modwheel option.

VST preset switching.
There are allready 10 modes available, at least inside the "Push Scripts" -> Info

MODE CUSTOM PITCHBEND = 0
MODE CUSTOM VOLUME = 1
MODE CUSTOM PAN = 2
MODE CUSTOM DISCRETE = 3
MODE CUSTOM FREE = 4
MODE PITCHBEND = 5
MODE VOLUME = 6
MODE PAN = 7
MODE DISCRETE = 8
MODE COUNT = 9
(Copyright Ableton)

There are so many features like "double tap Encoder to reset Parameter" etc, inside the scripts that are not implemented btw. currently not accessible by the user without "Python Voodoo"

Happy times are coming 8)



VST preset switching -> Max for Live! or Clips (you can send PrgChg with Clips)
but it would be great to do PrgChg with the Push +1


Have fun!
And Ive tried using those modes and managed to get my push in an unusable state with the beta until I did a firmware update to it.

I tried 4 of those modes and each one just produced a C-1 note with pitchbend data output. Tried to modify the custom one as well since it looks like that one outputs a custom sysex message, but I dont know enough about the midi sysex to try to modify it

jadedone
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by jadedone » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Ability to flip between pad mode/keyboard mode
on an instrument (sampler) assigned to a pad in a drum rack

Fugazi81
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by Fugazi81 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm

ezelkow1 wrote: And Ive tried using those modes and managed to get my push in an unusable state with the beta until I did a firmware update to it.

I tried 4 of those modes and each one just produced a C-1 note with pitchbend data output. Tried to modify the custom one as well since it looks like that one outputs a custom sysex message, but I dont know enough about the midi sysex to try to modify it
Me neither.
I messed around with the scripts and got a non working push 8O , at least it wasn´t permanent,
so messing around with the scripts isn ´t a solution for me. ATM (for lack of documentation)

C-1 note with pitchbend data output
This is also true for the "USER" - Mode ,Note on/off + pitchbend



But there is a m4l dev kit (by flocked) viewtopic.php?f=55&t=192084
He got great examples, to test functions not available atm like touchstrip modes.

Have fun!
Last edited by Fugazi81 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silicium
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:34 am
Location: Berlin

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by Silicium » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:17 pm

disable each second knob while browsing instruments!

i always go to the 2nd one for one directory deeper but hit change the top directory then because i have to go two knobs forward, that sucks. just disable the second one

anamexis
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:43 pm
Location: Oakland
Contact:

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by anamexis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Silicium wrote:disable each second knob while browsing instruments!

i always go to the 2nd one for one directory deeper but hit change the top directory then because i have to go two knobs forward, that sucks. just disable the second one
+1, this is very annoying

djadonis206
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 am

Macros for the most used parameters - similar to the track Volume page
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Post Reply