Power Button Issue - Push won't turn on anymore...

Discuss Push with other users.
Mr.415

Power Button Issue - Push won't turn on anymore...

Post by Mr.415 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:51 pm

I think I've run into a major issue. Running off USB, (my power cord is at home, I'm going to see if I can fix this using the mains), I went to press the power button, but didn't depress it all the way on the first try. So without fully letting go I pressed it back in all the way. No power. At all. Tried different combos of holding the button down and plugging the cable in, unplugging everything, plugging it in on/off, and with Live running. Yikes....

anamexis

Re: Power Button Issue - Push won't turn on anymore...

Post by anamexis » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Does the button latch in?

Aken

Post by Aken » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Lol
The poor quality LEDS, the clicks when you insert tracks, the insane lack of fonctionnality and now that.
I'm definitly not going to spend my 600$ into the Push xD

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 am

Aken wrote:Lol
The poor quality LEDS
Sucks but is the least of my concerns.
, the clicks when you insert tracks,
It's not meant to be a performance controller but if you plan on improvising live just add more tracks than you think you'll need before you start.
the insane lack of fonctionnality
It's actually got functionality to spare and we can only assume that more will be added.
and now that.
I'm surprised you're laughing at this guys misfortune. There are bound to be some problem units in this first sold out run. The build quality exceeds any controller I've seen or heard of and this definitely includes the power button. Pretty damn sure he'll be receiving a replacement although I'd agree that it's a pain in the ass that he's going to be without his product.
If you're looking for an excuse not to buy one I guess you've found it. Seems like the majority of people who understand what this controller/instrument is intended for though are pretty impressed and aren't having issues with the build (except for LEDs I will admit but honestly I didn't buy it for the pretty lights.) This thing is a "game changer" for me. Haven't had this much fun or been so inspired since I got my first sequencer. It hasn't been every single thing I'd want in a controller but for what it's intended for I feel like I more than got my moneys worth. I payed $530 from Guitar Center and there isn't even an alternative product for what this thing offers.

edited out some of my dick-ish qualities...
Last edited by SuburbanThug on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 am

Aken wrote:Lol
The poor quality LEDS, the clicks when you insert tracks, the insane lack of fonctionnality and now that.
It sounds like a few users have some hardware issues, which can be expected from any production run...unfortunate yes, but not the end of the world, as the hardware is covered by warranty...
But this "insane lack of functionality” you talk of? Hyperbole surely. From my perspective, every review I have seen of Push (like the most recent Sonic State one I finished watching before reading this) screams of functionality and integration with Live. Every video and review I have seen makes me just want one more.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records