Where is your Push made?

Discuss Push with other users.
Dillinger63

Where is your Push made?

Post by Dillinger63 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:35 am

I'm one of the blessed or cursed owners, depending on your point of view of a multi-colored pad Push, and I got to thinking about where it was made since a few posters made a comment regarding items made in qChina. I flipped my Push over and the sticker shows, Made in Taiwan. How about yours, and if it was made somewhere else do you have any pads with the white/red, white/blue etc.... Issues?

SuburbanThug

Re: Where is your Push made?

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:32 am

Made in Taiwan. I imagine all of them are and that all of them have this same problem. I'm trying not to be upset about the LED thing since it is the last thing to worry about but it does bother me. I'm trying not to be one of those people who feel that it's "the principal" but it seems to say something about how Ableton feels toward their customers. It's like if you bought a car and the paint job was spotty and discolored and the manufacturer tells you, "during market testing we found that the consistency of the paint job didn't detract from the experience of driving the car."

That said, all the important parts of this machine seem to be very well built and functional very well at this time. I love playing it. The "driving experience" is great, it's when I get out and look at it that I feel like a bit of a sucker. Only had it for a little more than a week though. Time will tell.

MisterBodega

Post by MisterBodega » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 am

Taiwan here too. My whites are slightly different shades, though not as bad as some of the pictures I've seen. It bugged me at first, but not enough to want to send my Push back. I'm loving Push so far.

Anyway, changing the colors ( viewtopic.php?f=55&t=192043 ) to eliminate white pads fixed this for me. Note mode looks really good in dark blue with lime root notes. Even if all my whites were uniform, I'd much prefer the custom color scheme. It's worth a shot for anyone who's disappointed by the tint problem, but enjoying Push too damn much to wait for version 2.

[art]

Post by [art] » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 am

do u notice it in a well lit room? or is it something you notice more in a darkened space

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:19 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:Made in Taiwan. I imagine all of them are and that all of them have this same problem. I'm trying not to be upset about the LED thing since it is the last thing to worry about but it does bother me. I'm trying not to be one of those people who feel that it's "the principal" but it seems to say something about how Ableton feels toward their customers. It's like if you bought a car and the paint job was spotty and discolored and the manufacturer tells you, "during market testing we found that the consistency of the paint job didn't detract from the experience of driving the car."

That said, all the important parts of this machine seem to be very well built and functional very well at this time. I love playing it. The "driving experience" is great, it's when I get out and look at it that I feel like a bit of a sucker. Only had it for a little more than a week though. Time will tell.
Excellent analogy!

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm

[art] wrote:do u notice it in a well lit room? or is it something you notice more in a darkened space
Both, but it is more pronounced in a darker room using the wall power over just the USB power.