wish: hold delete to delete notes in record mode

Discuss Push with other users.
Forge.

wish: hold delete to delete notes in record mode

Post by Forge. » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:54 am

just like with old drum machines, given we can delete clips other ways, like session mode, or maybe hold clip button, it would be good to be able to wipe notes by holding delete and pressing the note you want to delete when it plays

djadonis206

Re: wish: hold delete to delete notes in record mode

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 am

Glaring omission, indeed
Ableton | Elektron

Music

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:12 pm

yeah, that would be good behaviour. Hold delete and a pad, and it would delete over time any notes in the sequence for that pad...

that would be nice to generate variations between clips...

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 pm

+1

Also in drum mode press delete and a drum pad would delete all notes in the clip.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Yes this would make sense.
Professional Shark Jumper.

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:35 am

+1 This, like all of these ideas, should be posted in the feature request section. I am not sure Ableton will pay any real attention if its not.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:41 am

lo.key wrote:yeah, that would be good behaviour. Hold delete and a pad, and it would delete over time any notes in the sequence for that pad...
Yeah, what a glaring omission of a feature commonly found on many existing tools.

For example, here's how it's done on Maschine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE60Gr1xII&t=02m30s

You hold down ERASE + PAD (which ever pads you want to erase) will erase notes as you hold them down as the pattern plays through.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 am

humnumb wrote:
lo.key wrote:yeah, that would be good behaviour. Hold delete and a pad, and it would delete over time any notes in the sequence for that pad...
Yeah, what a glaring omission of a feature commonly found on many existing tools.

For example, here's how it's done on Maschine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE60Gr1xII&t=02m30s

You hold down ERASE + PAD (which ever pads you want to erase) will erase notes as you hold them down as the pattern plays through.
It's sad to see that Native Instruments is so desperate to make sales this quarter.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 am

thats it exactly. The feature idea had already been brought up, what value does it add to show a video of maschine?

panten

Post by panten » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Interestingly nativeKontrol's MPDRx script for the MPD32 can do this already for Live9, it works beautifully. I've only seen it work for drumRacks however but I wonder if Stray could say whether or not this can be done in Instrument Racks also.

If we had this AND the suggestion I made for selecting MIDI notes in Clip Mode I'd be a happy camper in respect to editing existing MIDI notes.

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:31 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:It's sad to see that Native Instruments is so desperate to make sales this quarter.
As far as I can tell they're doing better than they ever have (upwards of 70% revenue growth from their last report) and hiring more developers now that they have full ownership of the company and of course, the massive (no pun intended) success of Maschine.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 pm

blinkeye wrote:
SuburbanThug wrote:It's sad to see that Native Instruments is so desperate to make sales this quarter.
As far as I can tell they're doing better than they ever have (upwards of 70% revenue growth from their last report) and hiring more developers now that they have full ownership of the company and of course, the massive (no pun intended) success of Maschine.
That's why I can't understand why they're doing so much damage control over this whole Push thing...

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:
blinkeye wrote:
That's why I can't understand why they're doing so much damage control over this whole Push thing...
What do you mean? Are you talking about NI? What damage control over Push...?

featherodd

Post by featherodd » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:36 pm

+1