Discuss Push with other users.
Hauke

Re: Push Secrets - aka tiny tips

Post by Hauke » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 pm

lyovino wrote:
Hauke wrote:Use Stepsequenzer to play intruments and edit recorded midi notes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXglJXNXvGs

AWESOME! :D
Watching your video and then trying this out, I do not get the yellow lit drum pads after Grouping to a Drum rack. It does switch to drum mode and I can play the notes.
They do turn blue as you play them but the yellow drum pads are barely lit? I selected "ALL notes" What am I not seeing/doing correctly? I'm trying this with Omnisphere..
Hm, no idea. Have you selected the drum rack so the blue hand is on it?

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes. No matter what I do I can not get them to light yellow. At first I thought maybe because it's a plugin?
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 pm

nevermind

panten

Post by panten » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 pm

sowhoso, you need to be in session mode. The arrow keys then move the 'red box'

lyovino, have you set up Push MIDI section correctly in the preferences? It might also be the little 'automatically select pad' button in your drum rack. Maybe

thronechild, that automation recording tip is GOLD. Thanks so much for sharing.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 pm

yeah i got it Panten

thx!

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

panten wrote:sowhoso, you need to be in session mode. The arrow keys then move the 'red box'

lyovino, have you set up Push MIDI section correctly in the preferences? It might also be the little 'automatically select pad' button in your drum rack.
To be honest, I didn't do anything in preferences. Push is the controller selected.. Please enlighten me..
The little blue hand is lit in the drum rack.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:19 am

lyovino wrote:
panten wrote:sowhoso, you need to be in session mode. The arrow keys then move the 'red box'

lyovino, have you set up Push MIDI section correctly in the preferences? It might also be the little 'automatically select pad' button in your drum rack.
To be honest, I didn't do anything in preferences. Push is the controller selected.. Please enlighten me..
The little blue hand is lit in the drum rack.
All I can say: If you use the Push and you have selected a midi track with an instrument, you have the note pattern with white and blue pads all over the Push. When you have selected a drum rack, you have the drum pattern on your Push with drum pads on the lower left, sequencer on the top and loop length area on the lower right. If you group an instrument to a drum rack, you should have the drum rack pattern on your Push. That is how it is here. Without more information, it is not easy to say what you are doing wrong.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 am

Hauke wrote: If you group an instrument to a drum rack, you should have the drum rack pattern on your Push. That is how it is here. Without more information, it is not easy to say what you are doing wrong.
Hauke, I have no problem once I place it into a drum rack. Lower left is pattern, Rt. is bars, and sequencer on top. All I'm saying is the lower left drum pads that usually are all yellow aren't. Other than that it works as expected. It's just that in your video yours (drum pads turned yellow like they should) mine don't.
It also appears that your Bars turn white, mine don't. Even if I load a drum kit.

The only time they turn yellow lit is when I load a drum kit. No instruments or plugins Grouped to a Drum Rack turn the lower left pads yellow.
I want to know why? .. Anyone?
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:17 pm

lyovino wrote:
Hauke wrote: If you group an instrument to a drum rack, you should have the drum rack pattern on your Push. That is how it is here. Without more information, it is not easy to say what you are doing wrong.
Hauke, I have no problem once I place it into a drum rack. Lower left is pattern, Rt. is bars, and sequencer on top. All I'm saying is the lower left drum pads that usually are all yellow aren't. Other than that it works as expected. It's just that in your video yours (drum pads turned yellow like they should) mine don't.
It also appears that your Bars turn white, mine don't. Even if I load a drum kit.

The only time they turn yellow lit is when I load a drum kit. No instruments or plugins Grouped to a Drum Rack turn the lower left pads yellow.
I want to know why? .. Anyone?
Ok, since you said your midi in- and output settings in Live are correct, I cannot say why your pads are not turning yellow. What color do they have?

And what bars do you mean that turn white?

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Your video shows after Grouping an instrument to a Drum Rack the drum pads are a bright yellow (Lower left) Mine do light up but they are a very very low lit yellow, barely lit. The same for the bars area. Mine are a very low lit white. If I drop an Ableton drum kit on a track the drum pads turn a bright yellow.

The only other thing is that now holding any of the drum pads shows Empty Pad in the display. Other than that it all works as it should. Thanks.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:31 pm

lyovino wrote:Your video shows after Grouping an instrument to a Drum Rack the drum pads are a bright yellow (Lower left) Mine do light up but they are a very very low lit yellow, barely lit. The same for the bars area. Mine are a very low lit white. If I drop an Ableton drum kit on a track the drum pads turn a bright yellow.

The only other thing is that now holding any of the drum pads shows Empty Pad in the display. Other than that it all works as it should. Thanks.
Hm, weird. Maybe send a mail to the support. I don't know why it is like that for you. I haven't done any moddings neither I used any tools. It's plain Live Suite 9 + Push.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks Hauke.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Because789

Post by Because789 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:50 pm

lyovino wrote:Your video shows after Grouping an instrument to a Drum Rack the drum pads are a bright yellow (Lower left) Mine do light up but they are a very very low lit yellow, barely lit. The same for the bars area. Mine are a very low lit white. If I drop an Ableton drum kit on a track the drum pads turn a bright yellow.
This is the normal behavior, empty pads light yellow, filled pads bright yellow (the pads in Haukes video are in empty mode too = light yellow, it's obvious if you compare it to the state control buttons). I guess, Hauke had the power supply plugged in while you use Push without power supply? That would make a difference...
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:59 pm

This is true. If I place a drum sample in one of the drum pads it becomes bright. I also tried it with the power supply and believe it or not it still was very low yellow and low white in the bar area. I'm just wondering on your system if you just load a blank drum rack how low lit are the yellow and white's (drum pads and bars )… When I say low lit I mean very low lit, just enough to be noticeable. Thanks.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Well as you can see in a lot of other videos, the colors you see in the videos are often different from the live view. Also in my videos since I used different cameras. So you cannot really rely on that. For me the light of the pads is still a thing that could work better on the Push. Maybe some different dimming settings for the buttons and the pads would help.

If you look closely you can see that the power supply was not connected in that video.