Mouseless workflow. Ski Oakenfull track in 40 min.

Discuss Push with other users.
SuburbanThug

Re: Mouseless workflow. Ski Oakenfull track in 40 min.

Post by SuburbanThug » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:00 pm

There's a Push question and answer sticky at the top of this forum. The browser shortcomings are a bit of a surprise but it's being well worked on by the community around here. If you aren't using it you probably didn't need it in the first place.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:04 pm

SuburnThing - did you get your proper Suite going yet?

did it change your pad sensitivity?

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:14 pm

I still got 15 days left. I might keep Intro at version 1 until all the issues get ironed out. You and one other guy are the only people that have mentioned having problems with the sensitivity. You might want to contact support about it. Use my video as an example of how you would like your Push to work.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 pm

15 days left of what?

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 pm

My trial of 9 Suite. Then I'll be working with Intro until I can afford to upgrade.

featherodd

Post by featherodd » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:Why are you telling the consumer and not the company?
How? via a support ticket? I'm not sure where we're supposed to register suggestions; at least a place Ableton is checking.

featherodd

Post by featherodd » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:I'm pretty pissed still. I should be working on Push stuff but I'm not, cause I don't want to run into the known problems.

Sad considering how power it still could be.........functionality is coming still I hope...........
You're joking right?

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 pm

No

There's no word that Push will even be finished anytime soon.

As of now Push doesn't respect the Arm exclusive 9.0.2 (9.0.3 being done next week?)

WTF am I supposed to do?

I can't put it in my live set-up and I'm pretty finished step sequencing my drum MIDI way before I got Push's stupid step sequencing skills. (I dont think sequencing is any diffent than just drawing in notes on Ableton's MIDI Clip which is 100 time easier than doing it from scratch on Push.)

Maybe next week I'll decide if I want to start removing py script'd Core Presets I'll never use. Then I'd gotta learn how to upgrade and merge py script (I'm totally ignorant of py script at this point)

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 pm

I feel bad for the people who are so hung up on what they see as deficiencies in the Push workflow

I have decided to adapt my workflow to the Push model rather than try to come up with workarounds to try to make it fit my own workflow, and I have been having more fun making music with Live than I have since I first picked it up. It is a straight up pleasure to use.

I regularly will have a browser window open and be reading or watching stuff while I am putting together tracks and clips with Push, and it really feels like I'm working on a piece of hardware, with almost no mousing required.

My workflow is primarily focused making original content - I don't like sampling, I've stopped using loops, etc. and it is just so satisfying to create now

Ableton really have minimized so many of the barriers to creating music that have existed previously with Push, and I can't wait to see what kind of neat stuff comes out of this democratization of process they've enabled.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Finally checked out the video, and it's definitely impressive. Funken was right on the money - the generic house-pop track is so so, but the vocalist is super solid.

The beat plus the the high string section kept reminding me of Madonna's Vogue.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:I wish someone would have pointed out these short comings out before I forked over money...
:|

um Live 9 is only a little over a month after release and Push, even less.

you're kidding right? because i'm :lol: anyway.

Pro - tip: if you want to find out about the shortcomings of new tech... wait.