m4l midi lfo control... bug?

Discuss Push with other users.
scientist

m4l midi lfo control... bug?

Post by scientist » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 am

i can't seem to keep the lfo from keytracking the push pads. the keytrack on/off buttons allow it to enable/disable correctly with midi keyboard input, but push input simply can't be turned off. varying depth and rate has no effect either. if someone wouldn't mind trying this out to see if it's user error that'd be great.

badeshi

Re: m4l midi lfo control... bug?

Post by badeshi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 pm

just had quick play. yeah Keytracking seems to stay on with velocity/aftertouch changing speed. The rate is super fast when no pad is being pressed and waveform doesnt seem consistent....

scientist

Post by scientist » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm

thanks for the help, i'll report this as a bug.

Jon-J

Post by Jon-J » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Hey guys if you fancy being brave there is a fix.

Click the edit button for the LFO Midi m4l device - in the bottom left hand corner is a snowflake icon which you have to uncheck to allow for editing, the patch may also be locked so you may/may not have to click the padlock icon to unlock it also and finally you will need to take the patch out of presentation mode by clicking the 7th icon in form the left - if you start counting from the padlock icon.

**REALLY IMPORTANT BIT HERE!! - SAVE THE PATCH WITH A NEW NAME BEFORE MAKING ANY OTHER CHANGES OTHERWISE YOU COULD RUIN THE ORIGINAL AND WOULD HAVE TO REINSTALL IT.

I saved mine as 'LFO MIDI - FIX.amxd' in the same area as the original max device.

After following the steps at the beginning you should see a mess of cables going all over the place but more importantly you should see a set of boxes relating to midi in the top left corner of the max patch.

There should be a box called 'p MIDILogic' and attached to this should be a box called 's ---aftertouch' which is the offending item causing the rate of the LFO to go crazy when you hit a pad on push.

You need to delete the cable attaching 's ---aftertouch' to 'p MIDILogic' and that should be all...if something else goes wrong you can easily enough reattach it.

Now you can save the patch hopefully you saved as a new version as I mentioned and now when you hit a pad on your push it should not affect the LFO rate.

I haven't found any undesirable affects of this fix yet (maybe I don't make enough use of aftertouch) but let me know if you do find something

Hope its all good ~:)

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Jon-J wrote:Hey guys if you fancy being brave there is a fix.
Thanks a lot Jon, that worked for me :)