Recording Push Drums in Arrangement Mode - issue / idea!

Discuss Push with other users.
NoSonic822

Re: Recording Push Drums in Arrangement Mode - issue / idea!

Post by NoSonic822 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:10 am

the only thing is like what i was saying before...Live has this "rule" in its architecture....this is what i was saying before....the rule states in the manual:

"all material that is recorded into the session view is automatically recorded into the arrangement"

right?

so this is a rule that Live has in its architecture as a DAW...

so we are asking it to break this rule of the architecture...

because we are asking it to NOT record something into the session view.....YET still record something into the arrangement view.....

so you see what I m ean? it's like a computing problem......only sovlable with the introduction of quantum computers?

where you can have two seemingly opposing values BOTH be read at once.......idk lol

Imag;ne

Post by Imag;ne » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 am

Overdubbing to arrangement view while clip is playing definitely should be possible! Actually I am pretty suprised that at least it cannot be switched in the preferences.

For recording while playing LIVE this is a must have feature.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Imag;ne wrote:Overdubbing to arrangement view while clip is playing definitely should be possible! Actually I am pretty suprised that at least it cannot be switched in the preferences.

For recording while playing LIVE this is a must have feature.
I didn't read the whole thing now so I'm not sure what you think you cannot do, but recording to Arrangement is possible under most circumstances. If you float between Arrangement and Session that might get in the way.

It may be more reliable, if audio is sufficient, to use a product like Melda MRecorder.
Make some music!

mylkoa

Post by mylkoa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Nice to see people using the search function. Good for you!

This type of workflow is totally possible. I made a video showing it here:

https://youtu.be/fExDPsL85dM