11%
Less than 4 weeks.
35%

Total votes: 54

john gordon

Re: PUSH SHIPS IN?!?!

Post by john gordon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Screw Push people,go with the Livid stuff they Re working hand in hand with
Bitwig and Base is going to blow Push out of the water.Trust me I've been Beta testing both and you guys are in for a huge surprise. Ableton will so sorry thT they dropped the ball with Push.. One more month and Ableton
will be crying and going bankrupt.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi John,

While Base appears to be a very good looking kit and can do a lot, it still involves critical eye contact with your PC. There is much to be said about it, but in my opinion is a glorified LP.
I really couldn't compare this to Push at all. It's not a question of apples and oranges, (JMO) it's not even in the same fruit basket..
It does look nice and is an eye catcher for sure, but Push has features that go well beyond what can be had here. (scripts or not) I'm sure it will do well though..

:wink:
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

mame82

Post by mame82 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm glad ableton hasn't started communicating with the customers till last week, otherwise I possibly wouldn't have canceled my push order. Yesterday I found out about the functionality of the Maschine MK II (which I bought instead) in combination with the ableton live remote scripts. It fully replaces the never arriving push, even non-chromatic note triggering is possible (in all scales) and it could change back to maschine mode seamlessly to control the maschine vst - impossible with push.
With a Massive and the big libraray for free, it is even worth the larger price. Three years on market, no delivery problems, a well tested software and drivers ... what to say more... thanks again to ableton and akai for not getting in touch with your community earlier.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:29 am

john gordon wrote:Screw Push people,go with the Livid stuff they Re working hand in hand with
Bitwig and Base is going to blow Push out of the water.Trust me I've been Beta testing both and you guys are in for a huge surprise. Ableton will so sorry thT they dropped the ball with Push.. One more month and Ableton
will be crying and going bankrupt.

How do those pads feel like? Maschine? Pad kontrol? Arturia spark? That base looks tempting especially with the special edition Fourth of July colors. I'm too broke to buy anything right now so I will pass.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 am

mame82 wrote:Yesterday I found out about the functionality of the Maschine MK II (which I bought instead) in combination with the ableton live remote scripts. It fully replaces the never arriving push, even non-chromatic note triggering is possible (in all scales)
but only 16 pads

how much of a melody can you play with that, or even chords?

it's like a 25 key versus an 88 key keyboard. so no, it does not fully replace Push

mame82

Post by mame82 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:11 am

In scaled mode 16 pads will provide 2 octaves. It could also combined with a keyboard via its midi in.

Regrind

Post by Regrind » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:44 am

I went to the Ableton Nashville meeting tonight. It was an hour and half drive well worth it. I'm 1,000% sold on Push after picking the brain of the group leader, who is also an SAE instructor.
It just seems like a seamless production tool. No need for scripts or work arounds.
I was damn close to canceling my order and buying a Livid Base. But if I have to wait until Christmas, I'll just not hold my breath. But I will wait.
I didn't get any hands on time but I'm telling ye of little faith, wait. Just wait.
My 2¢...
https://soundcloud.com/mistergupton
I make beats on an old Huggies box.

RobertX

Post by RobertX » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 am

Ableton_David wrote:...and apologies on our end for the minimal communication.
So what does this actually mean? That you'll stop the minimal communication and start with adequate communication? If the behavior doesn't change, the apology doesn't mean a whole lot quite honestly.

People love Ableton. My advice to you is to not squander the goodwill you have spent years building. A company earning this kind of esteem from its user base is a rare thing, and by giving us the silent treatment you are damaging your reputation and throwing this hard earned goodwill into the rubbish bin.

Here. I'll write the PR apology piece for you.

[satire]
Hey everyone! I just wanted to give you an update on the availability of our new Push Controller.

Due to the fact that our manufacturing partners are complete wankers, and that the Push product manager is a disorganized twit, we're working day and night to fulfill orders as quickly as possible.

[/satire]

In all seriousness, if you throw the users a bone or two, you can come out smelling a rose. Offer discounts on software, or toss in some free sample packs or something. This isn't brain surgery.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:59 am

mame82 wrote:In scaled mode 16 pads will provide 2 octaves.
like i said, it's like having a 25 key keyboard, except worse (no accidentals). playing chords will be even more limiting too

and if you have to add another controller on top of maschine it definitely does not replace Push

cheers

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:02 pm

mame82 wrote:My order is cancelled and I'm a happy NI Maschine MKII user now.
Thank you ableton for helping me to come to this decission, the NI
sample library is insane compared to my live Suite 9 one. Thank you
NI for giving me Massive for free with the maschine.

Could anybody tell me what to use my live 9 Suite now. There's no need
to use Maschine in vst-mode... no, there is one: sidechain-compressing isn't
possible with Maschine, so live could be used for this
Actually, it is definitely possible to do sidechain compression in Maschine in standalone mode if you use the right plugin like these:
Sidekick5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVn7ZpZo4g8
Twisted Tools MSMAX for Reaktor: http://twistedtools.com/shop/reaktor/msmax/
dbaudioware sidechain compressor
Vengeance sidechain compressor

HighSide

Post by HighSide » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Guitar Center now shows 7/12. The date keeps getting pushed.

crybo

Post by crybo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:57 pm

humnumb wrote:
mame82 wrote:My order is cancelled and I'm a happy NI Maschine MKII user now.
Thank you ableton for helping me to come to this decission, the NI
sample library is insane compared to my live Suite 9 one. Thank you
NI for giving me Massive for free with the maschine.

Could anybody tell me what to use my live 9 Suite now. There's no need
to use Maschine in vst-mode... no, there is one: sidechain-compressing isn't
possible with Maschine, so live could be used for this
Actually, it is definitely possible to do sidechain compression in Maschine in standalone mode if you use the right plugin like these:
Sidekick5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVn7ZpZo4g8
Twisted Tools MSMAX for Reaktor: http://twistedtools.com/shop/reaktor/msmax/
dbaudioware sidechain compressor
Vengeance sidechain compressor
So in order to side chain in Maschine,after spending all that money, you then have to spend more money.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:55 pm

crybo wrote:So in order to side chain in Maschine,after spending all that money, you then have to spend more money.
yeah, it's funny how ppl look for other ways to do what Push does so they don't have to wait

I WANT MY PUSH YESTERDAY

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Yep, the ship dates keep moving back again..

Guitar Center 7-12-13
Musicians Friend 7-12-13
Sweetwater ?
Ableton 4-6 weeks.

Don't know about you, but I am worn out from this purchase experience.
I want my Push!
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:41 pm

WTF December! Where did you order it?

Last edited by turbomartin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.