4-6 weeks.
11%
Less than 4 weeks.
35%

Total votes: 54

djesa

Re: PUSH SHIPS IN?!?!

Post by djesa » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am

OMG I AM SO TIRED OF WAITING AND NOTHING HAPPENING AND NO WORD FROM ABLETON. TIME IS RUNNING OUT AND I AM GOING TO CANCEL MY ORDER AND GET A REFUND IF "NOTHING" CONTINUES TO HAPPEN!!!

HighSide

Post by HighSide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:00 am

My best guess is that they found a critical failure in the product after release. Requiring re-engineering, QA, and rebuild. I am also guessing they are not communicating for PR reasons.

I am just speculating.

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:11 am

Car manufacturers announce a recall publicly. Why is that? Let me explain.

If technical mistakes have taken place (and since it is the first release, the ableton crowd will understand it... when communicated properly), damage control is all that a company should care about. They have 2 options:
1. recall or extend
2. do nothing and hope for the best

If they recall it, or extend the manufacturing process, the Ableton community will most likely understand it. Just keep us updated, and we will fully respect your decisions.
If they do nothing at all and half of the products don't seem to work properly, that will be the first nail in the coffin of this (extremely potential) product.

As you can see, the first option is the best for an entity to keep the (reputational) damage as minor as possible.

Please Ableton, if you read this: tell us.

Regrind

Post by Regrind » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:40 am

"Get your hands on the fundemental elements of making music, one day..."
Ableton time warping is flawless. Get it?
Hahahahahaha.
Not that funny.
https://soundcloud.com/mistergupton
I make beats on an old Huggies box.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Currently having a blast with Lemur on my iPad.
Makes me completely forget about the whole debacle with Push. :wink:

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:41 am

HighSide wrote:My best guess is that they found a critical failure in the product after release. Requiring re-engineering, QA, and rebuild. I am also guessing they are not communicating for PR reasons.

I am just speculating.
I agree. There is also a chance that the latest shipment had too many defects and now they are waiting on the next batch to test
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Masetrax

Post by Masetrax » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:29 am

I just pulled the trigger on a Push pre-order.

Have been thinking long and hard about it, but I can realistically see Push replacing a few bits of kit in my studio.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 pm

turbomartin wrote:Car manufacturers announce a recall publicly. Why is that?
to save lives?

poor analogy

Tauciu5

Post by Tauciu5 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Only 3 days left..

djesa

Post by djesa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:58 pm

the store i ordered my push from back in april said that it could take another month or maybe 2, before they get them in...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm

sowhoso wrote:
turbomartin wrote:Car manufacturers announce a recall publicly. Why is that?
to save lives?

poor analogy
I understand your point. Although I don't think they are trying to save our lives as their main goal. They're preventing legal issues that can lead to a huge claim or influence the brand's reputation.

I admit that the analogy was a bit sketchy.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey guys, just want to chime in here again to say that there's nothing sinister or disastrous going on behind the scenes - we're not trying to hide anything on our end (except for Project X, but we need at least one text subject to survive before that goes to public beta...). Push orders greatly exceeded our expectations, and we've significantly increased production in response. Thanks again for your patience.

Also, a reminder - if you've ordered Push from the ableton.com shop, then log in with your account to get an up-to-date shipping estimate. If you've ordered from a retailer, then please check with your retailer for an estimate.

fnordboy

Post by fnordboy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Ableton_David wrote:If you've ordered from a retailer, then please check with your retailer for an estimate.
I know this is all that Ableton will say about it, but it's to the point of silliness now.

Every retailer I have talked to about it are just as frustrated from the lack of real updates (and probably more so because of the lost sales). I've been pre-ordered at a store since the beginning of March. Still have not seen anything. I call them about once every 3 or 4 weeks to get an update to see if they have any real word on the date of their shipment of Push. When they give out the date they have been told, they never hit it. The latest I've heard was the 7/6. They seem to believe it as much as I do

This whole thing has been so poorly handled. If I didn't already have Maschine I would have cancelled my pre-order and ordered Maschine instead. If 7/6 comes and goes I might still cancel it.

drez

Post by drez » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Hey guys, just want to chime in here again to say that there's nothing sinister or disastrous going on behind the scenes - we're not trying to hide anything on our end (except for Project X, but we need at least one text subject to survive before that goes to public beta...). Push orders greatly exceeded our expectations, and we've significantly increased production in response. Thanks again for your patience.

Also, a reminder - if you've ordered Push from the ableton.com shop, then log in with your account to get an up-to-date shipping estimate. If you've ordered from a retailer, then please check with your retailer for an estimate.
David, thanks so much for the reply. It is appreciated. Its good to hear that it's simply "we can't make them fast enough because we didn't realize people would be shooting each other to get them" :-)

IMHO, the take away for Ableton would be:

Respond sooner and more frequently. It keeps the torches and pitchforks at bay and gives the sense of "we feel you" to the customers. If production is behind because you underestimated the demand, that is actually good marketing because it shows that people really want the product. No company should throw money away building product that might not sell, especially when you guys aren't making that much margin on this item right now (that's my opinion, not fact), so there can be leniency but people make up whatever they want when left to their own. The people in these forum's make up your most loyal customer base and love to hear what's going on with the product. I give you the example of Urs Heckmann and crew at U-he on their forum at kvraudio. You really get a great idea of where they are in their process. People feel the pain when things go sideways a bit and also rejoice together when things are coming together. It used to be more like that around these parts, but for some reason, Ableton has gotten away from the grassroots atmosphere and its...disappointing.

Again, thanks for the communication...it always goes a long way with the community! Good luck with this next shipment.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Hey guys, just want to chime in here again to say that there's nothing sinister or disastrous going on behind the scenes - we're not trying to hide anything on our end (except for Project X, but we need at least one text subject to survive before that goes to public beta...). Push orders greatly exceeded our expectations, and we've significantly increased production in response. Thanks again for your patience.

there it is y'aLL...COMMUNICATION

now stfu! LOL