Poor PUSH

Discuss Push with other users.
Blendton

Re: Poor PUSH

Post by Blendton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 am

Yeah my fault : known issue, some people posting here could tell you how to figure out my shit (I see youuuuuuuuuu lol, wait, I think about One mate in particular, so don't let me on my knees please ^^)

In brief :

If anyone has still to compare Maschine and Push, I mean, saying non-sense despite argues like a chief and has the rioght to have "his" point

>>> let's see what happens for real : no, Live 9 don't suck AND yes, indeed, This release with the addition of Push becomes a WTF musical instrument as a "standalone" team, hard & software yes, it has to be taken as the reality now.

So, Maschine ? interesting... In no common point thoughts about doing music, with Ableton and Push being... Like Komplete and Maschine : these products are standards, so will be (indeed already is for Live alone) the Live & Push band...

No comparison, no link with other gear & software, it's like that, it's THE point.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 am

Blendton wrote:Yeah my fault : known issue, some people posting here could tell you how to figure out my shit (I see youuuuuuuuuu lol, wait, I think about One mate in particular, so don't let me on my knees please ^^)

In brief :

If anyone has still to compare Maschine and Push, I mean, saying non-sense despite argues like a chief and has the rioght to have "his" point

>>> let's see what happens for real : no, Live 9 don't suck AND yes, indeed, This release with the addition of Push becomes a WTF musical instrument as a "standalone" team, hard & software yes, it has to be taken as the reality now.

So, Maschine ? interesting... In no common point thoughts about doing music, with Ableton and Push being... Like Komplete and Maschine : these products are standards, so will be (indeed already is for Live alone) the Live & Push band...

No comparison, no link with other gear & software, it's like that, it's THE point.
Ok........If I am interpreting this correctly you're saying that there is no comparison between Push and Maschine and that Ableton and Push totally crush Maschine on all fronts.

Actually, there is a shit-load of comparison between the two all over the internet and how could one not link the two in their mind when they look so much alike and are basically the same type of controller. I see what you mean though.

The way I see it Maschine is the ultimate hard-ware w/ mediocre soft-ware.
Ableton is the ultimate soft-ware w/ Push being a mediocre controller.

The good news is that w/ Stray running around doing his thing and w/ updates, Push could/should become the ultimate controller.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:19 am

More accurate could be understanding I didn't and never will compare Native Instruments and Ableton products.

Both give us pleasure to do our stuff.

My subjective point of view in a, say, choice between Maschine or Push : I choose Push because I master Ableton Live and Suite far better than Kontact and Reaktor, as far as I now had just little experiences with Maschine...

I didn't was able to sore with it. It is still an interesting product but as you see I'm posting here, not as for now on NI's sharing and discussing place.

It's just a piece of gear, I mean, TWO pieces of gear, you people have this bad habit to compare in spite of their respective purpose being absolutely not the same...

Now then, being rational, I remember having been impressed by the first Maschine coming out and all the vids that came with : but when I was about to put my hands on it : it was not music.

As I made some serious study about what's Push for and what it brings as new, I mean "unforeseen" possibilities, I'm convinced the first contact with Push will score almost instantly like ... something near to be musical sounding.

And because Push just came out after so much hate for in fact being not just that gear everyone says "another controller WTF" >>> it's an interface with Live to perform a score.

Then, I admit the bundle Suite 0 with Push is indeed a limitless instrument in their interaction which is so close you actually don't see the screen or see Live/Suite 9 if watching a performance : so, Push, not an instrument. When plugged into Suite, sure they are an instrument.

Maschine, it's a tool to integrate in some "workflow" I think it's more a beatmaker per se on the live side ; the most of its power being more studio related stuff.

I sincerely want to insist on that : I'm an asshole, merely workhaolic and music has become just the "for not working" time, since I don't sleep.

For something to show like being "impressive", dude, for this "impressed" feeling I am NOT by nature able to feel and this is true for years now, And because I neglict Push and Live 9 too while in beta-testing, I can say now : how tasty is that feeling I have for having been soooo wrong :P ...
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 am

Theo Void wrote:The way I see it Maschine is the ultimate hard-ware w/ mediocre soft-ware.
Ableton is the ultimate soft-ware w/ Push being a mediocre controller.
This.

If NI can sort out some linear arrangement, some sort of 'record to arrangement' function and mixing functions in Maschine, I might not find reason to use Live.

(although I would miss Instrument Racks, Follow Actions and M4L)

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 am

Citizen wrote:(although I would miss Instrument Racks, Follow Actions and M4L)
there's a lot more to miss than that

:wink:

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:29 am

What specifically?

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:36 am

Stay tuned, you'll see, hindsight can't be taken in seconds dear ^^
Antoine, aka Blendton.

panten

Post by panten » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 am

Citizen wrote:If NI can sort out some linear arrangement, some sort of 'record to arrangement' function and mixing functions in Maschine, I might not find reason to use Live.

(although I would miss Instrument Racks, Follow Actions and M4L)
A better change for me would be 'If Ableton could sort out some decent Sample chopping workflow' & open up the API a bit more so people like Stray could create deeper scripts (if that's indeed possible:) I might never feel the need to get a Maschine.

I just want to reply to SuburbanThug from an earlier post.
SuburbanThug wrote:What would be amazing is if you could somehow program the scales to recognize what you are playing and offer the available accidentals.
PXT-Live has a capture function which will if you push it analyse a clip's notes & lay them out in order on the pad grids for you to play.
One step beyond this would be to either extend the notes in either direction up/down octaves.
Yet another step beyond this would be to analyse a clip to find the closest matching scale and display it for you or give you the option to enter that scale on Push.
I have no idea how this could be done algorithmically so if anyone here does you should drop metastatik a msg.

ZALTA19900

Post by ZALTA19900 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:39 pm

I think it's amazing, but I'm using a complicated setup heavy on max4live set control - which is what I bought it for. This is NOT a matter of it not being complete but of my Live set being super complicated. I think it's solid and well-constructed and thought-out, and I personally view the white LEDs not all being consistent as a ridiculous complaint.

I think the default functionality is very well designed, and find myself using more of it than I expected and interfacing with my instruments through it in unexpected ways. I will say that I never use the browser so I can't comment on that issue.

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 pm

I know some people have issues with the browsing difficulty, but my main purpose for buying PUSH was for its playability. I've been playing keyboards for 20 years, and PUSH gives me a new perspective of playing without using theory. I think that is awesome, especially when using the repeat timings. Access to metronome and volumes controls make it great too. I would like if I could use a second push control scenes and clip length similar to how the the bottom-right section works for drum racks. Enjoying PUSH though, and haven't thought about selling.
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Citizen wrote:What specifically?
you are implying that other than Instrument Racks, Follow Actions and M4L Maschine can do everything Live can do

not!

neuromodulator

Post by neuromodulator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 pm

neuromodulator wrote:I think it's amazing, but I'm using a complicated setup heavy on max4live set control - which is what I bought it for. This is NOT a matter of it not being complete but of my Live set being super complicated. I think it's solid and well-constructed and thought-out, and I personally view the white LEDs not all being consistent as a ridiculous complaint.

I think the default functionality is very well designed, and find myself using more of it than I expected and interfacing with my instruments through it in unexpected ways. I will say that I never use the browser so I can't comment on that issue.
ZALTA19900 wrote:I think it's amazing, but I'm using a complicated setup heavy on max4live set control - which is what I bought it for. This is NOT a matter of it not being complete but of my Live set being super complicated. I think it's solid and well-constructed and thought-out, and I personally view the white LEDs not all being consistent as a ridiculous complaint.

ummmm

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm

I can't understand why these threads go on & on about Machine vs Push, they are both great tools to make music. Most of us can't afford both so look at the obvious strengths of each & what suits our needs & make a choice. I'm very happy with push, i still get that tingly excitable feeling just thinking about it 3 months down the line, its an exciting bit of kit to use as is live imo. Perfect it is not but it will develop & improve. Machine has matured well its very cool & i may get it one day but i needed push first.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Rosko wrote:I can't understand why these threads go on & on about Machine vs Push, they are both great tools to make music. Most of us can't afford both so look at the obvious strengths of each & what suits our needs & make a choice. I'm very happy with push, i still get that tingly excitable feeling just thinking about it 3 months down the line, its an exciting bit of kit to use as is live imo. Perfect it is not but it will develop & improve. Machine has matured well its very cool & i may get it one day but i needed push first.
At first don't feel what I'm about to write is aimed at you dude...

... but you are redundant with another post being redundant with mine which is more than probably redundant from ..... etcaetera to the former.

Avoiding redundancy is like a priority for helping the community ; from the bottom thinking guys to help them on their finger coming at last outside of their ass to smart ones who just intellecualize everything to enter eventually in endless loop / redundancy ;D !

Sorry if it sounded like a personal and free attack dude.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:49 am

This wasn't a Push vs. Maschine thread. I even said that in the original post. This is a, how are you liking Push? Thread.