push disarms all armed tracks when i select another track

Discuss Push with other users.
Evengy

push disarms all armed tracks when i select another track

Post by Evengy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:01 pm

hey guys,

i think its normal but are there any workarounds for that? as a example: i have a few tracks, A and B are armed and now i want to select/create another track with the left/right button. using the left/right keys arms the selected track but everything else is disarmed now. i also disabled the function "exclusive ARM" :/

when i record something or jam with friends of mine i should never select another track and that is...... useless :-/

any ideas?

thx and have a nice day!

Winterpark

Re: push disarms all armed tracks when i select another track

Post by Winterpark » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't have a Push yet, but can you not just set the Monitor to 'In' not 'Auto'?
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:11 pm

that doesn´t do anything with the ARM button! but i think i found a workaround: when i record into the arrangement push doesn´t affect the arm buttons anymore. i will do some more tests :)

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:51 pm

To Arm multiple channels in Track mode, Hold Shift while selecting other tracks to Arm.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:05 pm

lyovino wrote:To Arm multiple channels in Track mode, Hold Shift while selecting other tracks to Arm.
it doesn´t solve my main problem but it will help me in my next session.

a friend of mine wants to record a clip on a track for the whole time without any interrupts. now i come with push and select another midi track and his recording stops in this moment.

before i forget: i wrote "that doesn´t do anything with the ARM button! but i think i found a workaround: when i record into the arrangement push doesn´t affect the arm buttons anymore. i will do some more tests :)" -> that counts only for audio tracks and push also doesn´t affect them in session view. while im in flow i don´t think about that i destroy anyones recording when i select other midi tracks with push.

thank you both!

matthewvenn

Post by matthewvenn » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

bump - this is really annoying - how can I record a master of my whole set when moving around with the left and right keys stops recording and starts playing it?!
live 9.1 & push

Because789

Post by Because789 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 am

matthewvenn wrote:bump - this is really annoying - how can I record a master of my whole set when moving around with the left and right keys stops recording and starts playing it?!
Updating to Live 9.1 might help. From the release notes: "Audio or MIDI tracks (with their MIDI input set to something other than Push) would be disarmed when selecting Tracks via Push, regardless of the Exclusive Arm settings." (https://www.ableton.com/de/articles/liv ... ase-notes/)
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

matthewvenn

Post by matthewvenn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm already on 9.1. I think maybe it's been fixed in session view, but moving around in note view stops any recording clips and starts playing them. ;(
live 9.1 & push

Because789

Post by Because789 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 pm

matthewvenn wrote:I'm already on 9.1. I think maybe it's been fixed in session view, but moving around in note view stops any recording clips and starts playing them. ;(
I see, a different issue than the one this thread started with, I missed that.

I think so far there's no other way than switching to session mode and use the selection controls to choose another track while keeping the currently recording clips recording. Maybe a bit cumbersome, but at least a workaround.

IMO in note mode the stop recording/start playing behaviour of the left/right arrows and the selection controls makes perfect sense if Push is your sole input device. But in the case that you need to record multiple clips at once if would be nice to have an option to change that behaviour.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

lars123

Post by lars123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:56 am

i have the same problem.
arrow keys always stop the recording :(

any help ?

matthewvenn

Post by matthewvenn » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

push is my main input device - I'm trying to record the master output to a clip so I can listen to my sessions after. I can't do that when using push because it stops the master output record clip when I use the arrow keys...

PS my workaround is physically patch another pair of outputs to the analogue inputs of my sound card and use audacity! What a stupid way to do it!
live 9.1 & push

kuehn666

Post by kuehn666 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 am

bump...

here too...

my workaround: not edting the clips note whil recording- just switching between different prepared clips and remove stop buttons in the recording track (just one slot at the top or bottom without any playable clips in the same scene)

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am

Is it only the up and down buttons giving you issues, or all directions?

matthewvenn

Post by matthewvenn » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:29 pm

I've not noticed up and down, I usually use left and right to select other tracks which is what stops the recording on my system.
live 9.1 & push

shrunkenshrink

Post by shrunkenshrink » Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 pm

From this forum: -

viewtopic.php?t=181841

'I think you're looking for the 'exclusive arm' option. Check the preference screen; 'Record, Warp, Launch' tab. Simply deselect 'arm' from the exclusive option. After that all your arm buttons simply toggle without affecting other armed tracks.'