Record Button For Arrangement On PUSH?

Discuss Push with other users.
lyovino

Re: Record Button For Arrangement On PUSH?

Post by lyovino » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Did you have to first go into global mode and select push live mode for this to take place. I tried both ways and I still couldn't get anything MIDI mapped from user mode?
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

deva

Post by deva » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Because789 wrote:
deva wrote:How would one do that?
1. switch to User mode (press User button once)
2. got into midi map mode in Live
3. click on the global record button
4. press the pad you want to assign the global record button to (it want work with the black buttons since they function as momentary ones)

You could save this mapping with your default set so you only have to do it once.
Doesn't work... Live does not respond to anything from Push once in User mode

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Because789 wrote:
4. press the pad you want to assign the global record button to (it want work with the black buttons since they function as momentary ones)
Sorry, that's not too clear, on my Push all the buttons are black? ;)
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Because789

Post by Because789 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:34 am

deva wrote:Doesn't work... Live does not respond to anything from Push once in User mode
Just tested it again and it works as described in my set up. How do your MIDI Sync preferences look like?
lyovino wrote:
Because789 wrote:
Sorry, that's not too clear, on my Push all the buttons are black? ;)
By pad I mean a pad of the 64-pads grid, the ones which send notes and not CC messages (here's an overview what Push sends in User mode: http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push/#usermode)
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

deva

Post by deva » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 am

Because789 wrote:
deva wrote:Doesn't work... Live does not respond to anything from Push once in User mode
Just tested it again and it works as described in my set up. How do your MIDI Sync preferences look like?
Had to turn 'remote' on for Push then it worked! Thanks!!

kompletemail

Post by kompletemail » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:38 am

Because789 wrote:
deva wrote:How would one do that?
1. switch to User mode (press User button once)
2. got into midi map mode in Live
3. click on the global record button

You could save this mapping with your default set so you only have to do it once.

thank you that can be helpful for now I just midi mapped my little Korg Nano Pad2 that I never use to record button and put it down by my foot and use it like a foot pedal midi trigger to punch in and out of record when I want to.. damn thing finally has a use now, I originally bought it for the XY pad but gave up trying to midi map those in ableton..

is there a knob on push to adjust the headphone/prelisten volume?

Because789

Post by Because789 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:50 am

You're welcome :)
kompletemail wrote:is there a knob on push to adjust the headphone/prelisten volume?
Et voilà: "In all modes, the ninth encoder controls the volume of the Master track (or the Pre-Cue volume if Shift is held.)" (https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/using-push/ Display/Encoder Section)

Edit: just saw in another thread that you found the answer yourself
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L